NEW PODCAST: 3 Months of Solo Travel - Did It Change My Life? (spoilers, yes)

Sign in to follow this  
hycniejsy

The Mad Pharmacist's Journal

So, I'm gonna write here about my own and ultimate video game.

Right now I have 18 stages to go (including stage 0). Each stage consists of 7 levels to accomplish. No matter what, after twenty four hours I'm transferred into next level, even if I score 0 points. So, there is no second chance or any restart level button!

After finishing 18 stages, I should face the main boss of chapter 3 - if I score well enough in scholarship, obviously. Otherwise, he will reappear 2 stages later and if I'll get some additional points, I can just move to the fight with him.

Boss is serious issue, but I know I can fight him. every level I have the opportunity to weaken him or stronger myself, so I should use it for my advantage.

So, are you ready for my gamelog? :) 

Stage 0

Level 1

I have only 24 hours to accomplish this level, so I did it.

Focused for the most time on writing skill and boosting my health.

Also my intelligence was boosted a bit, but not as much as my awareness skill.

I took 24 points of damage from Master of Procrastination, but I'm fine. Don't need any life potions or so.

Do you know any good way to vanquish these creature? This can kick my ass, and I should avoid it at all cost.

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Stage 0

Level 2

I used Double Alkaline Slash on Master of Procrastination. I don't know if it was effective or not (Why the hell there is no feature to see his overall health? >:() but I hit him for 71 and 109 damage. That's 180 in total, but he's still waiting to chase me with his Time Warps and Instant Gratification spells.

Why the devs gave me so strong opponent in Stage 0? Isn't it any glitch or something?

I also had opportunity to throw away some old staff, didn't made any gold by doing it (nobody wants to buy my trash) but at least I have more space in my invertory for new articles!

Also I gained some achievements! "Night Owl I" and "Healthy Die I"! What should I do to gain any next? Any Ideas?

Btw. I didn't get any gold from my activities, I only obtained some experience points. Most of my activities gave me only exp but no gold at all (I went even for quest called "Shopping Time!" and for just couple gold pieces I gained a bread and tomato as a reward. What should I do to make this quest more profitable? It's my daily quest but not mandatory one.)

Which skill tree should I start to improve? I put most of my points in Chemist's skill tree, and some of them into other to be more balanced character.

Maybe putting everything in all Chemist's abilities is a good idea? Or you think I should be focused more on being a Healer rather than DPS?

I heard that Master of Procrastination is immortal, dealing him damage only flinches him. He returns from time to time, so be aware. I heard that buff called "daily planning" decreases his chance of spawning(but there is still a chance this can happen though).

About that strong opponent in stage one. Ultimate game - life, has some very strange balance algorithms. Players have proven that difficulty of game events lowers, when you're raising difficulty of every day activities. 

If you prefer healer class, than chemist abilities are a way to go. This should be like 80% of your skill points. Rest use on other stats, cause neglecting other abilities causes a penalty sometimes. 

Great idea!

Thanks for appreciacion :)

Awesome game you're making out of this!

I'll try to do my best, as always. This game can be hard sometimes, though. Thanks Alex :)

I heard that Master of Procrastination is immortal, dealing him damage only flinches him. He returns from time to time, so be aware. I heard that buff called "daily planning" decreases his chance of spawning(but there is still a chance this can happen though).

About that strong opponent in stage one. Ultimate game - life, has some very strange balance algorithms. Players have proven that difficulty of game events lowers, when you're raising difficulty of every day activities. 

If you prefer healer class, than chemist abilities are a way to go. This should be like 80% of your skill points. Rest use on other stats, cause neglecting other abilities causes a penalty sometimes. 

Well, I see you're a really high-level character, and you hadn't told me that already? Why were you keeping this secret? Was it a part of your main quest, former acolyte? :D

I think that I'll use this buff, but now I'll have this buff for next 3 days (heading to "science conference" quest gives you "daily planning" buff for 3 days with no stamina included!!!)

And I'll go for chemist's abilities, but I'm not sure if there is any tank in my team that will be able to beat bigger monsters like Academic Performance Maestro. Do you know any player who will take this role for me?

Stage 0

Level 3

Man, this level was soooo intense...

I've made it to hit Master of Procrastination with Poisonous Substances for 115,8 damage. He'll be damaged over time, because that's how poison works in this world. However, he slashed me back. No damage included, this time he use Time Warp instead, and I don't remember what happened during about 3 hours!

I see that Piotr was right - the longer I'm engaged into practicing one ability then the weaker Master is. I remember times, when his time warps were able to take me up to 11 hours and for couple of days in a row! Now he's much weaker and smaller, but he still exists, and can hit seriously hard if I'll be not aware of him.

Yesterday I also gained debuff for "Skipped meal." My perk "Hungry" Didn't show up on time, so I just didn't use any fresh food to eat it during evening time! What the hell? Devs should work on it better...

Btw. I think that next 3 days will be amazing adventure - two months ago I accepted a quest called "Scientific Conference" (It was on my QuestLog only during 1 day, so I accepted that with no question) and today it's time to finally start it! This will be my main quest during level 4-6 on stage 0. Is it recommended for me right now or should I wait a bit for the next one? Because I think that it'll more training part instead of using my own skills and abilities to perform. So, maybe I'll get more skill points reserved only for chemist's skill tree? Maybe I'll find some other players to talk with their characters? Well, we'll see about that, because the reward from this quest is hidden in my QuestLog, and I can't really read what it really is.

Allright, now I'm going to location called "kitchen" to prepare something for stopping this poor debuff. I must have 100% health if I'm preparing for other creature and going for 3-levels-long quest!

So, let's go for the adventure!

Stage 0

Level 4

That one wasn't as scary as was supposed to.

Seriously! I went to another town, not because I levelled up or wanted to buy better gear from shopkeeper, but this was part of my task!

During "Scientific Conference" 3-Levels-Long Quest I have "Daily planning" buff instantly! That's seriously helping me a lot in case of Master of Procrastination. He had faded away, so now I can focus on everything I desire. But if I start to live unproductively during this mission, he'll probably reappear! So I must be aware.

During level 4 a quest to my log was added "Find 10 new friends, each from another map." Quite creative one, and the reward seems really nice: Bonus to Charisma and Confidence. And obviously a bit of experience.

Btw. Charisma is a really interesting skill with serious mechanichs. Especially with the items from group "alcohol". They gives many effects to your character like high Confidence buff with slight Perception and Coordination debuff. I was persuaded by other players to use some of these items like item "Beer" or "Vodka", but I easily refuse. Assertiveness skill improved.

I just don't need any extra potions to have high Confidence for short period of time and then it wears off. Especially if some of your data can be destroyed and the effect of that is really similar to Procrastinator's "Time Warp". I have high Confidence skill because I spent my skill points on that so I chose the longer, but permanent and ultimate way to develop it. That's a really nice achievement! "High Confidence IV"!

I just can't understand that other players don't want to give their skill points into confidence, but in some less important skills and then they have to fill their lack of Confidence and Dancing skills with potions of alcohol. Some of them have even problem with their stress level bar! They lower them by using substance called Nicotin and during that if any other player is around them, then he's getting hit by "Instant toxication" skill. It comes from Smoker's skill tree, but fortunately, there is only one level of this skill, and you can't develop it any further. Thank Devs! They're so smart to invent such a good mechanics.

I used Hightened Learning skill today to improve my Intelligence skill and some other skills connected to this main skill. Polygloth's skill tree looks also interesting for me, but there are so many branches to develop. Which branch do you recommend for me, other players? Slavic, Romanian, German?