NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Couch Co Op gaming?

B1ggl3fty

Hello all. I have been doing better with cutting back on my gaming, but I have a real question about co op gaming. Do you all think occasional couch co op like madden with my buddy, or diablo III with my girlfriend, or co op rocket league with friends are ok on occasion? I personally feel very different when I'm playing games with people, in person, interacting with them, being near them. It is a whole different experience from solo or online gaming. What are ya'll's opinions on the matter?

It can be fine, I'm not against it or anything. I personally don't game at all because I like connecting with people in different ways (long conversations, things like that), but, I do recognize hanging with a bro and playing a game isn't that big of a deal.

Now if it causes you to game outside of that, then it's something to avoid, for sure.

Before I start, let me just say that gaming is not my biggest vice, it's the Internet. Though I have binged on video games hard due to stress somewhat recently (think like 16 hours straight on LoL a day for several days), it's something I've *mostly* been over for 5 years now. 

I think it depends on where you are in your game quitting journey. If you really need to get away from games for a bit, then perhaps you should say to your friends that you're taking a break from it for X amount of days. Additionally, I agree with Cam's point that if it is something that will trigger you to keep gaming, then definitely avoid it if you're trying to get your gaming under control. 

Personally, I will play HOTS with some of my very close friends who live far away. I don't especially care for the game, and I know I can put it down when we're done. It's nice because we can get on Skype and play together and connect as a group. If I binged on HOTS I'd have to tell them I couldn't play anymore. If it were LoL I'd tell them I couldn't play period :D . 

Ok, thanks for your advice. If i can keep in under control, I will allow it in my life, because co operative games for me can be a social event on occasion. I know that games are getting a hold of me when two things happen. 1) I take too much personal pride in my performance, and feel I need to prove myself through it. 2) When I play games even though it isnt fun.

Ok, thanks for your advice. If i can keep in under control, I will allow it in my life, because co operative games for me can be a social event on occasion. I know that games are getting a hold of me when two things happen. 1) I take too much personal pride in my performance, and feel I need to prove myself through it. 2) When I play games even though it isnt fun.

Totally. That awareness is the key. Hope you're having a great day! :)