NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Why, hello.

Little bit about myself. I'm 15. I play video games too much.

I've noticed recently my interest in video games has slowly and slowly declined. I've seen how all of my peers are absolutely fanatic about video games, and I've seen a sharp decline in my grades. I don't have any problem socially like some people mention, however I have a problem nearly everywhere else.

My brother is also wildly addicted. He never does anything. He's stuck in room, and occasionally comes out for food. I decided to stop now before I carry this addiction into the rest of my life.

This decision was very abrupt for me. I was with friends on skype, I went for a walk with my mother, we talked and somewhere in that walk I realized I need to quit. So, I got home and uninstalled steam and here I am now.

I'm not quite sure how to fill the void, but I've got skills I've not had time to do because of gaming. I might go back to language, I've wanted to play the piano for a while, and I've always complained that I'm a shit artist. Hell, even simple things like reading a book which I found boring because video games.

So, I'm not sure how the future looks, but from this day, I'm hoping to kill my addiction.

Thank you for reading, and good luck.

Hi Berry,

Welcome and congratulations. You are 15, half my age! I decided top stop two weeks ago. Stopping now means a bright future for yourself.

What language do you want to go back to? Also, go ahead and take piano lessons if that's what you want. Going back to reading is also a great idea, there are quite a few suggestions here to read that could lead to building a better self and be game-proof amongst a lot of other things.

You can create your journal to be accountable for your self, track your progress or just wind out.

Hi Berry, welcome to the community!

You have the right attitude to lead you far in the right direction, but you will need to replace gaming with other activities as soon as possible. I am 17, so I'm glad I'm not the youngest person on the forum anymore. I'd recommend looking into Respawn to get started on the path to success, and good luck for your recovery!

Hello Berry!! It's lovely to meet you, and I'm glad you're taking steps to make better habits outside of games. Reading became boring for me around your age as well, I think it's partially because my reading level was above young adult books, but all adult books were way too graphic for me. So I just lost interest and replaced it with games. Music is a great idea, and so is language! Just make sure to include people in your life who are doing the same things. You mentioned skype friends and Steam, your body will need replacement social interaction to make up for the lack of those people. You might want to join a sport, a band or an after school/weekend club. Once you pay more attention to the people around you you'll get better at involving them in yours and vice versa.

Hope you come back here sometimes :)