NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Gaming Addiction Documentary

LukeBTW

I am a student at Nottingham Trent University and the subject of my dissertation is gaming addiction. For the project, I am hoping to make a small documentary and I’m posting this is hope of speaking to Anyone who may have been impacted by gaming. I appreciate how sensitive the subject is so If people want to remain anonymous that would be achievable. I truly believe that this matter needs increased exposure and help and hopefully this could achieve this. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks 

• Like 3

Could you go into detail a little more? Would it be an interview via discord, emails, chat? What kind of questions would you want to ask? How personal would they get? I think it will be easier for people to join if you could describe the process a little more.

And may be, but that is only an idea, if they would know a little more about you. Like, how did you get here? Have you faced addiction issues, may be even gaming, in your past? Why was it gaming addiction you you chose as a topic? What do you look like? This is not essential, but it could help build up trust.

Like I said, these are just ideas but the point is, this is a community of people with issues, like any other addiction community. Most people have not told their families or friends about their addiction. And than there is a complete stranger that wants personal, intimate information. ;) You know, what I mean?

• Like 1

Yeah I can go into details! 

The documentary would be recorded in person using cameras. As I said, I’m people wanted to remain anonymous, then I could arrange for that to happen. 

In terms of the questions it would range depending on how comfortable people are. It would be things from personal stories and how deeply gaming has affected the person. And then what people would suggest for people going forward and how they’ve overcome their issues.

Personally I believe I have been addicted to gaming on multiple occasions. Particularly in the summer of 2010, when In the space of 6 weeks I invested over 23 days worth of play time on Modern warfare 2. While at the time I didn’t think I was addicted, in hindsight it’s clear to see that I did in fact have an issue. This is one of the reasons I would like to make the documentary, because it is so easy to become addicted, but can be extremely difficult to get out of. Whilst things like drugs and alcohol are constantly in the public eye, the stigma attached to gaming addiction often keeps people from talking about their problems. And hopefully the documentary could encourage people to talk and shed a light on this sensitive subject. 

Thanks in advance 

• Like 3