NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My 90 day gaming abstinence detox journey journal

Rest of day 68, day 69, and day 70

Talked for a while with Matthew on Sunday afternoon. I'm going to have to just give up on any romantic relationship with him. It's hard but necessary as I deserve to be with someone who would make me a priority. The friendship is strong and not going away but I'm not going to initiate as much with him for now. Went and did some shopping then relaxed during the evening. 

Work on Monday went well. It went by really fast. I just crashed yesterday evening. 

Had the day off today. Went and got my haircut and had lunch with a friend/former coworker. Ran into a couple other former coworkers and talked to them too. One's job is ending in a week, the other is dealing with a lot of chaos as they outsource our old department to the Philippines and are in the middle of the transition. I also chatted a lot with friends online during the day. It was a good day. I'm still sore and achy though.

Goodnight all! 

Days 71, 72, 73, 74, and 75

Wednesday and Thursday I worked, came home, showered, and then came home and took it easy in the evening. Friday I did too then quickly went home, showered, then joined some friends at a Portland pride party to kick off pride weekend here. It was good to see a lot of former coworkers there. I stayed up a little later and had more beers than I should have but it was a lot of fun. 

Worked all day Saturday. Work has been frustrating this week with a lot of people out of the office. Some of my coworkers would handle stress so  much better if they ate right. I kept making mistakes this week which is rough. A text conversation at lunchtime with my brother helped get some perspective. I know I'm slow at this point. I'm getting stronger every day but there are some things that are a real struggle at times. It's important to keep doing things right and ask for help when needed. My boss and the assistant manager seem to like me as do the majority of the people I'm working with so that helps. Went home and just crashed last night.

Today I went to the gay pride parade in downtown Portland. Got to see lots of friends. Went with my good friends Kenny & Brad down to the festival at Waterfront park after. Came home around 5:30 and called my dad to wish him a happy father's day. Relaxed the rest of the evening. 

75 days. Wow! Hard to believe how different my life is now and how fast the time has gone by. I recognize that my two days off per week are really the only days I know I'll have energy to be social so I have to be sure to schedule time with friends on those days regularly. I used to just play video games and be lonely and wish people would call me. I'm spending more time reaching out and making an effort to connect now and that's what I've been needing to do. 

I need to get some epsom salts and more IcyHot. Starting this physical of a job at age 45 means I don't bounce back like I could have when I was younger but I don't know if I would have been strong enough at all to even try when I was younger. I'm taking less ibuprofin last few days but still need it definitely at nighttime.

Goodnight everyone!

Days 76, 77, and 78

The weather has been hot and humid the last few days. Working Monday and Tuesday I would drink tons of water and just sweat it all out like crazy! Took it easy Monday night and talked to Matthew on the phone. Last night I went and saw Deadpool 2 with my roommate. Today I slept in, defrosted the freezer, and went to Costco. Met up with a friend for lunch and then later in the afternoon went to happy hour with a couple former coworkers. Came home and cleaned up some and just relaxed in the air conditioned house the rest of the evening. 

The days are going by so fast! I feel like I'm making the most of each one even though I have to spend a lot of time recovering from work. I feel bad that I haven't had the energy to keep up reading everybody's posts but I want you to all to know I'm still in the detox to the finish along with all the rest of you. I want to finish then start to figure out what more I can do to help others here because what we are doing - improving our lives - is totally worth doing. 

Goodnight all!

Days 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, and 84

Thursday - worked and read

Friday - worked, then went to game night at my friends' house

Saturday - worked, wanted to maybe go see a movie or something but decided to just rest and went to bed early. Slept 10 hours

Sunday - cooked blueberry pancakes for lunch and chicken for dinner after going to the store. Read a lot, stayed cool as it was very hot! Glad it happened on my day off. Tried a soak in epsom salts which seems to have helped.

Monday - worked 10.5 hours which kicked my ass so hard! 

Tuesday - weighed myself this morning. I've lost 10 lbs in the last month! That was all the weight I gained while unemployed! Worked, and it was a lot easier today than yesterday. 

I have a date Thursday night and Friday off which I'm looking forward to. Hard to believe I will hit 90 days next week. It's really going by fast now!

Days 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, and 90!

I MADE IT!! 90 days as of yesterday evening!

Day 85 - Wednesday - worked, ordered a pizza for dinner from Round Table it was wonderful. 

Day 86 - Thursday - date was nice. Went and saw Incredibles 2 which was really fun.

Day 87 - Friday - got my hair cut and went to Costco. Was going to the store in the evening to get dinner and other needed items and my car broke down! I found out you can call and join AAA and get towed all in the same call. They helped find a repair shop that would be open Saturday as the one I usually go to is not and didn't have a dropoff place. Finally got some dinner in me at about 9:30pm. 

Day 88 - Saturday - work was insanely busy all day long. I wasn't able to pick up my car after work as we all ended up getting out late so I called the auto shop and told them I'd get the car Monday morning. The distributor had died the part itself was $599 and the total came to $923 :(  at least it happened when I didn't have a lot of places I needed to be. It's also fortunate that work is so close I can just take the train and it's two stops away. Got together Saturday evening with a good friend/ex boyfriend/former roommate and went out for pizza then went and saw the Solo movie. 

Day 89 - I think I overdid it on Saturday I was just exhausted all day. I slept in and took a few naps. I watched some of The Expanse and Star Wars episode 8 then went to bed early.

Day 90 - work was busy again, worked all day. My boss looked at me and asked me how much weight I had lost since I started. I have actually lost 10 lbs! It's cool that she noticed. My friend Albert was in town on a layover so I picked him up at his hotel and we went and ate mass quantities of sushi at Saburo's again. 

So now I'm on day 91. I might play a video game tonight since I worked today and I'm exhausted now. I think I'll let myself play only on days I've worked when I really don't have much energy. Days off I need to get things done or go be social and do fun things or clean house or work on projects. My body is still adjusting to how physical my new job is so I might just use video games as a reward on work days. I've still got to read some more, write some more, and sell some games. I plan to keep active in this community even though I haven't been posting daily. My life has changed a lot these last 90 days and I'm excited to see what the next 90 brings. 

Happy 4th of July everyone!