NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Community project

Regular Robert

So, thanks Cam for opening up this space. I think we should use this particular thread to discuss this area, rather than filling up more space in the suggestion area. If you have ideas for rules and general structure, please feel free to post them here.

1. Topic - To tag or not to tag?
https://forum.gamequitters.com/index.php?/topic/6101-introduction-rules/

You will see that I started a list of tags already, but I am not too sure if it makes sense to use a tag in the title in general. I would appreciate opinions, thanks. And if you have ideas for a short list of neat tags, post them as well.

• Like 1

2. Search engine optimization
Okay, so inspired by all the forum spammers that popped up during the last couple of weeks, I thought to myself, why not use their technique to increase GQ's visibility and traffic? The "Ask the community" area is kind of a great place to apply this technique, I believe. The thread titles, if clear and precise, already make good SEO lines. But I thought, if it helps, a moderator could add tags (to the bottom lines) in the opening post of a thread if the topic raised a lot of interest.

I am not sure how this could work and what it would look like exactly, but I will keep thinking about this idea a little more. If anybody has an opinion or idea, please let me know.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Regular Robert said:

2. Search engine optimization

Let's start with the titles and we can look at tags afterwards. Not sure if tags are crawled for SEO, but an option we have is once we have a threads that are solid resources, we can create a page specific on the website blog with them as well. That should work well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cam Adair said:

Let's start with the titles and we can look at tags afterwards. Not sure if tags are crawled for SEO, but an option we have is once we have a threads that are solid resources, we can create a page specific on the website blog with them as well. That should work well.

That is a good idea! Once we have a decent amount of threads, we can register them. Like it. Issue solved.

• Like 1