Read: A Guide to Quit Gaming for One Year

Sign in to follow this  
Regular Robert

"Ask the community"

Not sure if that is really a necessary thing, but I thought about how it would be to have a subarea in the "Game quitters community" area, simply saying "Ask the community". This would be an area for ... well, questions. People open threads there asking a simply expressed question. That would help if they don't really know where else to put them and it would keep the forum clean. At the same time, this area could become an archive of (frequently) asked questions, where users could browse through stuff they were asking themselves at some point.

I just thought about it, like I said since I sometimes would like to ask a question everybody can answer. Even banal questions like "I would like to design this or that product, what do you think about it?". Simple stuff.

Well, anyway ... let me know what you think. Could that be helpful or would it just artificially inflate the forum?

• Like 3

I would find it helpful because it would be a great place to answer questions besides the journals. I usually don't bother checking the other parts of the forum despite the daily journals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WorkInProgress said:

I would find it helpful because it would be a great place to answer questions besides the journals. I usually don't bother checking the other parts of the forum despite the daily journals.

That is one of the main thoughts behind this idea. People often have questions but nobody reads all the journals, except for Cam probably. But this way, we would have a dedicated space where people can ask short, clear and detailed questions that will get answered because the rest of the users will not have the trouble of reading through entire journals.

Also, often people have questions that have been answered before. With a question-archive like this, we could simply post links to the specific threads where such questions have been answered and the person who asked can easily gather information from these threads.

Edit: I think it would fit greatly under the "Start here & Introduction" area. With a simple name like "Ask the community", every relevant information is given. A "rules" thread can be pinned inside the area with a basic system that explains how to ask. Like, specific non-abstract titles and so on. Also, it would probably make sense to add a "keyword" at the beginning of the title, like "Detox", "Social", "School" and so on. A little list of suggested keywords can be implied so that the area stays tidy. If someone is unsure about the keyword, he or she can use "General" or something and a moderator can later change the title accordingly.

I personally think it's a great idea. Like you say; often questions get lost in the journals. It would be a great place to spark conversation outside of the journal space, and of course, a great place to ask questions. 

• Like 2

Ok we can do it.

I think one of the best ways to START IT is to organize my YouTube videos into various categories. There are 200 of them so a lot of main answers are in them too.