NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

90 days

sirjk

I wish I was there sounds like a positive atmosphere with a legitimate concern for our addictions by parents and realising "Hey this thing is real, it needs attention right now." 

Glad to see more awareness finally around the issue :)

• Like 1

day twenty-five

Dull and slow day, I didn't sleep until 2 am and awoke at 10.30 am. I cleaned the house a bit and browsed some forums and chatted with friends online. It's the start of the holidays today; I will start studying on Monday, I want to watch a few movies and binge the new season of The Walking Dead which I haven't had the chance to do.

I finally got the last piece for my laptop — a new keyboard. The keyboard feels aberrant to type with but needs to wear in. I did say my day was boring.

day twenty-nine

I'm so incredibly bored right now! Don't get me wrong. I don't want to play video games. But, I also don't want to sit around being a zombie and watching movies and a TV Series/Anime. I did teach myself about String Theory — a theory I couldn't grasp for a long time, but that is not the point! It isn't productive, and it is only five days in my three week holiday.

The good thing right now is I don't have the urge to play video games or watch people play. I did watch a video about the 7-day trade lock in CSGO today, but I was more intrigued in the business side of it. 

But hey, in my spare times I figured out how to watch 'American cable' again. Which is a plus

day thirty-six (? I think lol)

I really want to play video games. I think it's just because I've been so bored these holidays. Since the 30th, I've been waiting for payment to come through but to no avail. I guess all I can do is study 'cause what the hell can you do irl without money. I've been editing a video for my friend, but it's video game related. But, I do enjoy editing. I've been doing edits since 2012, even have a Youtube channel with over 400 subscribers with editing and video game gameplay. That life is behind me, but it keeps on crawling back. I would love to hook my Xbox back up, but there is no point; the old games in the CoD series is dead. It's so hard to let go; it was my teenage years which went by way too quick. It was a community back then, especially in the sniping one, there was so much smack talking, whoever could be the best player, who could make the best videos and who can join great teams. It wasn't about the game; it was about the community. I enjoyed every 3300 hours on Mw3, and there are no regrets. .A few people I know of went to become semi-professionals in CSGO and one became a paid professional in PUBG. Some friends of mine even completely stop playing video games or just started to play casually 5 hours a week. I can't be the only one who sees video games as good teenage memories. I want to be 16 again, and I think I'm not alone on this. Now at 21, it feels like I'm years behind in personal growth. It feels like I really never grew up. I wish when I left the community in 2015, I wish I wish I quit video games then. I wish I never bought my gaming PC. I wish I went and looked for work or went to university. But I didn't, I played video games for two years out of school. No money, no dream, no job, no personal education. Just thousands of hours wasted and lost of friends.

• Like 1

day thirty-nine

I nearly did it, I was so close to hooking up my PC and playing video games. Honestly, I didn't even know why I didn't proceed. I fell into a hole for about seven days, but I think I'm out of it now. I'm sick of waking up at 11am-12pm again; I always forget how much time that takes out of your day. I suck at dealing with stress. Everyone seems so god damn good at dealing with it.

I found this video a little inspiring. kliksphilip is one of my favourite YouTubers, I use to watch his other channels for CSGO related content, but after my interest went towards PUBG, I found myself still watching his IRL channel.

Warning: 1% of the video is gaming related

kliks is correct. When a new chapter opens, you will always think of the past chapters as the highest time of your life. I captured a lot of memories on Youtube with video games. If I still do this but not gaming related, it may help me strive for my goal. Archiving may be sentimental, but I think it's true 20 years from now, I'll be tearing up with memories.

jD4jkZL.jpg

I took this today, nothing exciting, but most of the walk was like this LOL

Edited by sirjk
  • Like 1

@sirjk, good on you for overcoming the temptation to game.  :)  Those are gorgeous pictures and video, btw.  Thanks for sharing.

12 hours ago, sirjk said:

I'm sick of waking up at 11am-12pm again; I always forget how much time that takes out of your day.  I suck at dealing with stress. Everyone seems so god damn good at dealing with it.

Yup, whenever you get those urges to game, remind yourself of what you hated the most.

I wonder if creating a long list of negative results of gaming would help?  And make it super descriptive and horrible.  Emphasize the HORRIBLE effects of video game addiction.  Heck, even paste a picture of what you'd look like if you were gaming every single day until you reach age 40+.  Describe what you'd look like and how you'd feel.  And each time you feel like gaming, read over the list, then go for a long walk. 

Your walk seemed to clear your mind!  : )

P.S.  I forgot to add:  write a list of all the POSITIVE rewards of abstaining from video games.  Read over this list as you go for a walk. 

Edited by Dannigan