NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Wonderful Revelation

Some Yahoo

Things that I need to keep reminding myself of.

1. Pursuing perpetual entertainment is not a life goal.
    1. YouTube is good for a little edutainment, but in small doses.
    2. Netflix is good for about 1.5 hours of your time 3 days a week.
    3. Reading books is better than either of these.
  2. The only things that are impossible are the things that you refuse to try.
  3. There are 2 kinds of hope.
    1. There is hope like "I hope I earn a lot more money soon, so I can get out of debt and have some fun."  This is the nebulous kind of hope - like wishing for world peace - that doesn't require any action on your part.  This is the bad kind of hope.  This kind of hope demotivates, and stifles creativity and convinces us we are powerless to improve our lives.
    2. The other kind of hope is like "I have hope that what I'm doing will be profitable."  This is a hope that drives action and improvement.  It waters the soul and energizes.  This is the good kind of hope, without which all is lost in a pit of despair.
  4. It is not my wife's, daughter's, boss's, or anyone else's fault that I am stalled out in life.  I caused this, and it's up to me to repair it.
  5. Fixing things may seem daunting, but since it's my fault, that also means the solution is ultimately under my control.
  6. It is imperative that I limit contact with toxic people.  This may mean cutting down time with people I love in some cases, because they make me worse.  Toxic people are the ones who take without giving, and/or resist your efforts to destroy the status quo.
  7. People who really love and understand me will want to participate in my progress.
  8. Oh, yeah - it's good to have people in your life who'll call you on your "stuff".  

Edited by Some Yahoo
extra bloviation
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Some Yahoo said:
  • Pursuing perpetual entertainment is not a life goal.
  • It is not my wife's, daughter's, boss's, or anyone else's fault that I am stalled out in life.  I caused this, and it's up to me to repair it.
  • Fixing things may seem daunting, but since it's my fault, that also means the solution is ultimately under my control.
  • It is imperative that I limit contact with toxic people.  This may mean cutting down time with people I love in some cases, because they make me worse.  Toxic people are the ones who take without giving, and/or resist your efforts to destroy the status quo.
  • People who really love and understand me will want to participate in my progress.
  • Oh, yeah - it's good to have people in your life who'll call you on your "stuff".  

These ones are so, so important and are good reminders for me too. :)

• Like 1