NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Sosaythedice's Journal

Sosaythedice

Day # 3

Intro (Just something I'm thinking about today)

I figured my first Journal entry would be pretty losely formatted. I think I might try something more structured next time, something with goals and such (I'll have to give it some thought today). For now, though I just had some thoughts I wanted to get out. Perhaps I'll have a section just for that in the format and another section for goals. I think a lot of other people do that too.

Anyway, as you can tell from my profile pic, I like anime. Also, if your anime fan, you can probably also tell I like "My Hero Academia." Just a brief run down for those who don't know what it is. It's about a boy, born without super powers, in society where super powers are common place. Problem is, his dream is to be a super hero. He's given a chance to have super powers, but because he is given powers, and not born with them, he has to work a lot harder than everyone else to achieve the same success.

This really speaks to me because I have a mental health diagnosis, not to mention the severe video game addiction. A lot of times, I feel like I have to work so much harder than everyone else to achieve the same thing. I think the anime really captures the kind of dogged determination required to succeed when the cards are stacked against you. Just trying isn't enough anymore. You have to go above and beyond. Time to take it to the next level!

Anyway that last part is what I've been thinking about lately. I've been thinking about how I've been "just trying" up till now. I think that's why I keep failing. I think I need to start thinking seriously about why I want to succeed at this and really focus in on that, because just trying isn't enough. I really need to dig in my heels and go above and beyond.

Also before anyone responds, please keep in mind words and phrases like "trying" and "above and beyond" are relative, and based on personal experience/opinion. So while you might disagree, and trying might be enough for you, it might not be enough for me.

• Like 1

Came up with a Template for my Journal that I'm going to try and fill out every day. It's based off one I saw in the suggested templates, but anyway here it is...

Positivity Journal (Write about your day. Write from a positive standpoint even if you had a bad day.)

One amazing thing that happened/I did today (One success you had today. Try and think of one, even if it’s small)

Exercise/Walk (Get out and walk at least a 5 times a week, weekdays, at first. Even if it’s just doing pokemon go. Work toward getting in shape so you can run again. But for now just work on anxiety and getting out.)

Meditation (Been wanting to start doing this again. Try focusing on “I can do it.” Montra. Look up Montra meditations since I haven’t really tried this kind of meditation before.)

Weekly Goal (Give this some thought each week. Work on every day as needed.)

Monthly Goal (More long term so you might want to plan out how your going to reach the goal. Work on every day as needed.)

3 Month Goal (Needs the most planning. Might want to talk to therapist about this. Maybe make list of steps to take to reach goal?)

What could have made my day better? (Reflect on day without judgment)

What I will do different tomorrow? (Again without judging yourself, think of new things to try tomorrow, for improvement.)

Edited by Sosaythedice