NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Become a non gaming Game Designer? ^^

STRONGERIDEAL

So im only on my first day of not gaming.

To be honest i feel great at the moment.

Thing is... A dream of me is (or was?!) becoming a Game Designer.

But guess what stopped me to Design my Games? 

....Yes Gaming..

Anyway a  school in switzerland accepted me already to start my studies in september and if i make it i would have a bachelor of games & art . The Idea is really cool.

But is it even smart if i go in this direction if i dont even play videogames?

I part of me thinks dude how u wanna stop playing videogames if ur surrounded by them. Well its kinda the ultimate proof to be cured from it...  isnt it ? ofc only if i make it.

And secondly i tought that:

A dealer that dosnt take hes own stuff is more successful :D

Whats ur view on that..

Greetings

Ismael

• Like 1

I mean, why not? I guess with good training, you have a lot of choices, like becoming an animator, lead designer, graphic designer for websites or magazines or such. Also, there are many different kinds of games. Like educational games. Not every game has to be a disguised gamble that profits from addicts. May be, we need somebody who turns games into what they once were supposed to be.

I'd say, try it if it is what you really want to do. In the end, what matters is that you like what you are doing with your life.

• Like 1

Two thoughts.

1. Re-evaluate after the detox.

2. Your dreams were influenced by your environment. So when you were a gamer becoming a game designer was a dream. Just like my dream when I was a gamer was to open an internet cafe. Now that I've quit gaming and shifted my values and environment? My dreams have shifted too. I could careless about creating an internet cafe now. Be patient.

• Like 2

On 13.2.2018 at 11:55 PM, Cam Adair said:

Two thoughts.

1. Re-evaluate after the detox.

2. Your dreams were influenced by your environment. So when you were a gamer becoming a game designer was a dream. Just like my dream when I was a gamer was to open an internet cafe. Now that I've quit gaming and shifted my values and environment? My dreams have shifted too. I could careless about creating an internet cafe now. Be patient.

Thanks for reply :) i will see after detox :)

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2018 at 2:27 AM, STRONGERIDEAL said:

So im only on my first day of not gaming.

To be honest i feel great at the moment.

Thing is... A dream of me is (or was?!) becoming a Game Designer.

But guess what stopped me to Design my Games? 

....Yes Gaming..

I'm in the same boat.  I have always loved 3D CGI and I spend some time designing in Unity.  There is some crossover into cinematography as well.  You can always pursue that if you find it too tempting.

Anyway a  school in switzerland accepted me already to start my studies in september and if i make it i would have a bachelor of games & art . The Idea is really cool.

But is it even smart if i go in this direction if i dont even play videogames?

I part of me thinks dude how u wanna stop playing videogames if ur surrounded by them. Well its kinda the ultimate proof to be cured from it...  isnt it ? ofc only if i make it.

And secondly i tought that:

A dealer that dosnt take hes own stuff is more successful :D

Whats ur view on that..

My Opinion: You have a problem with gaming.  Most people don't. Removing yourself from a career that fascinates you is not going to hurt the game industry at all.  Designing is a creative outlet.  Just keep your eyes open to the pitfalls.

Greetings

Ismael