Sign in to follow this  
WorkInProgress

Add an possibility to visible change your profile card at the left side to reflect your progress in the daily journal practice

Add an possibility to visible change your profile card at the left side of your posts, to reflect your progress in the detox. Something on the lines of a read Icon getting greener or a tree growing. You could even automate this if you check for new articles in a journal and let it visually show if you are able to write consistently atleast once a week and also decline if you don't write. These visual feedbacks are very powerful to enhance your habit building. Would be stupid not to use the possibility. It would also provide some idea to people commenting on each others journal where there are in their own journey.

We've had a desire to add some sort of tracking feature for a long time now, but unfortunately we haven't found a way to make it work with the forum software. :(

6 hours ago, Hitaru said:

How about an external app with a link that could be added to the signature? 

Unfortunately it would be static in the signature I think.

Adding a graphic would work, but then you would need to update the graphic daily and therefore the graphic link itself - which can be pretty annoying and some people dont might be online every day.

I know reddit has this kind of tracker but they are using a different underlying software and since I am not a pro-programmer I dont know how to do it with this forum software. It MIGHT be possible via the API but then we would need someone who knows the forum software and programming.

As @Cam Adair said, we are already trying to find a way to add this kind of tracking, but still haven't found a reliable solution yet :( 

I have something in my mind which I am going to test soon on the backup forum, will show it to cam and then we decide if its yay or nay.

• Like 1

It wouldn't need to directly appear in the forum but open somewhere else, that's why I'm calling it 'external'. It wouldn't be a long term solution tho. The way is integration with forum software. Keep up the good work!

Ah I see.

So if we have a Web Developer it could be something easy such as:

Username: JohnDoe
Start date of detox: xx/xx/xxxx

And the website keeps counting (day 1, day 2, day 3, and so on) and generates a unique link for that user, the user then can copy and paste it into their signature.

Yeah, that could work, because my idea which I have in my mind would fit with that. So, we need a web developer who can code such thing :D

I got recently more into web programming at work so I would like to revive the thread to that commit to program a little webpage who does this sort of a thing. I just write the code locally and then you guys can decide where and how to host it. What forum software do we use by the way?

• Like 1