Question of the week: What are you grateful for?

BigOlBeartic

BigOlBeartic's Journal

Day 31

Programmed about 3 hours yesterday for the side project, then 6h for class. 

SLeep was good : ) Slept just a little bit, and feel a lot better . 

Painted 4 hr at home. I think i'm going to have to follow one of my friend's lead on this aspect of my life - she doesn't draw/ paint during the semester.. 9 Days until final week!! Gonna study a ton to make sure I crush those exams. 

🌤️ I met with a comp sci professor and discussed specialty fields of comp sci. Talked about robotics and bioinformatics. He is planning to connect me with the professor specializing in robotics, as well as his PhD student,, who interestingly has a bachelors and masters in unrelated fields. I'm excited for the future : D 

Edited by BigOlBeartic
  • Like 1

Day 33

Studied all day yesterday, programmed 2h on my project 😄

Today I painted against my better judgement. I'm starting to see that I'm trying to juggle too many things, and during my last post I mentioned that I should probably stop drawing/painting during the semester. I think I'm going to try to stop altogether. Oh, this is my 5th day of exercising in a row 😄 Its part of my plan to get back into running.

Anyhoo, game of thrones new episode is out now so i'm gonna go watch that 🙂

• Like 1

Robotics and bioinformatics both seem like really exciting fields to work in. Hoping you find passion & happiness connecting with like-minded academics 😊

Keep smiling and take care!

• Like 1

Day 34

Thanks Taichi 🙂

Just got done with today's physical therapy appt. Made more progress with my legs. I haven't felt this good in a while. 

I notice hints of gaming urges creeping back in. The last time, I think I caved around day 45~ ish- around the halfway mark. 

Compared to back then, I understand myself much better. I know i'll finish this time.

Day 36

Some stuff: I met with someone from class today to work on an assignment. I've made friends like these this semester, where we meet to work on stuff. This is a huge step up from where I used to be, to now having the courage to ask others if they want to study together. 

But i still struggle with feelings of loneliness. and i suppose, this will always be a challenge. and guess what, i actually do have some "real friends" too. but i feel very little connection with them and with the world. The intensity of these feelings is less than it used to be though, thanks in a big part to therapy.. However, they are still intense, just to a lesser degree.

I guess I should just find consolation in the fact that i feel better than i used to...  : / All I can do now is keep pushing. Keep pushing, and keep going. 

Edited by BigOlBeartic