NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Reporter looking to learn about experiences with in-game gambling

Hello everyone. My name is Max and while I was at one point a gamer, I never considered myself to have a gaming problem. I am, however, interested in hearing from those in this community who have had problems, specifically in relation to loot boxes and other forms of in-game gambling. 

A little bit of background, I'm a government reporter for the Tacoma News Tribune in Washington state. I played video games throughout my childhood. My Runescape and Call of Duty playing habits may have bordered on excessive, but as I grew older and my interests shifted I stopped playing video games altogether. Now I'm looking into gaming addiction and its connection to an evolving video game profit model that includes paying real money for the chance at random in-game items -- or loot boxes as they've come to be known. 

If anyone has had experience with these boxes, or other forms of in-game gambling, I'd be happy to hear your story and thoughts on the matter. My contact info is on my profile but I'll post it here as well. 

max.wasserman@thenewstribune.com

3609437123 Edit: My landline works but I cannot check voicemail. For now, I can be reached at my cell, 5202699396

Best,

Max

Edited by Tribune_reporter
  • Like 3

Welcome! I'm ****, the Community Manager. You can post a topic in the main section asking for feedback, make a poll, these sorts of things, we'll be glad to help. If you have something specific in mind (say, an article, an interview...) you can expand your idea in this same topic or write me directly (contact info in my profile as well but anyway: ****@gamequitters.com). Glad to have you around!

• Like 1

Appreciate the replies so far. I'm somewhat new at the tribune and just found out my phone line has yet to be changed from the person who worked before me. That might take some time, so in the meantime if anyone wants to reach out to me I can be reached at my cell, 5202699296. 

To Cam -- mind sending that text to my cell? The number I had listed was my desk landline. Thanks.

And to Jose -- I'm about to send you an email.  I am working on a story and would love to talk to some people in your community who's gaming problems have also involved loot boxes.

• Like 1