NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

burn-x's Journal

aaaaaa

Day 23

Starting today I will only use the stairs when going up and down to my office on the 8th floor.  Always wanted to do it, but made up excuses not to.  Well not anymore!  Climbed it 4 times.  Hope my legs don't give out later...

Also finished reading The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck .  It's an informative and humous read on how to view life differently:

• Maybe the goal of happiness is a bad thing?
  • Why entitlement brings more problems?
  • How caring about too many things is bad you?

I will definitely read this again when I need some soul searching.  Recommended :)

• Like 1

Day 28

Shopping day again today.  Once home me and the Mrs did a massive spring cleaning of our home.  Threw out like 80% of my games!  The rest I'm keeping because I'm still emotionally attached to them (they were some good games!) or I'm planning to play them again to some degree in the future. 

Day 31

Long day at work, got home really late.  Questioning if this work is really worth my time and don't see it getting any better.  Sigh...

Going to bed as soon as I can, no coding today :P

Edited by burn-x

Day 32

Another bad day at work.  It just keeps getting better and better!  

Today did some Google Sheet coding.  My old game clan asked me to help them create some new functionality for the Google Sheet I helped developed for them.  Didn't think it was fair for me to just tell them to do it themselves when I quit gaming, so decided I could help them out now and then.  Besides, been quite awhile since I touched JS.  Nice to do something different :)

Day 35 & 36

Forgot to update on Sunday, my bad.  Did the morning hike and hit 10K steps!  Didn't know it was that many steps, interesting to know.  Now the question is how can I achieve the same during the weekdays.

Today worked from home, didn't feel like showing up to the office.  Wasn't much to do actually, so it worked out for the better.  Tomorrow will be heading back to wife home town and won't have internet access.  Sucks, but at least it also means no games too :)

See you guys next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Day 46

Back to work after my holiday and literally took me from 9 to 5 to clear all my emails!  What a productive day...

After work went shopping and once home, got back right to coding.  Nice to be doing something familiar again :)

Day 48 & 49

Yesterday my sister family and my parents visited me and my wife for dinner.  A pizza dinner. The kids loved it while watching a Pokemon movie.  Much better than letting them be glued to Ipads or smartphones.

Today got more 40K books.  Took me 1 hour to check out as they were holding an event.  Was an eye opener for me as I thought this kind of miniature tabletop hobby is non-existence in Malaysia.  Can't wait to get painting next month, this stuff is expensive!

• Like 1