We need your help! Rate Gaming the System 5* on Apple Podcasts to try and get us featured!

Sign in to follow this  
Regular Robert

A private area for private stuff

I suggested it once and I know, most users wont need it but I would still suggest a private area for very private thoughts. I have thoughts in my life that do not only concern me but also other people. For example, my spouse. There are some thoughts I would like to discuss and would like to get motivation, feedback and may be assistance but I cannot safely discuss them in an area that is visible for everyone.

Some topics are so ... so deep in the abyss that I would like to like to have a safe haven to discuss them without publishing private information, life experiences of other very much involved people. A private area where a certain amount of people get access to would be helpful. It is not about the journals itself, but some topics simply cannot be discussed in "open". In my example, topics have to do with forced prostitution and human trafficking. I know, this forum might now be the right place to discuss certain matters, but all in all, I believe they are a part of me and my life and I would like to share them with my fellow quitters. I know some other quitters have private matters and they would like to discuss them in a particular, very limited group of people. The private messaging feature does not really work for such topics, since it is hard to get more than once opinion at a time.

So, what I would ask for is a private section that people can apply to if they are regulars, trustworthy and have the desire to share stories that are "so dark" that no co-worker, family member or random internet dude can read them. I know it will only be a small, very compressed group of people, but I still think the forums could benefit from a private area where people are able to share their darkest secrets if they feel the need to.

Please, feel free to state your opinions. Whether it be pro or contra, I don't care. Every opinion might be an eye-opener. Just state what you think. Thank you,

Robert

Also, no matter how this thread evolves, I will edit out or delete several parts of my statement afterwards, since - like I stated - some parts are rather "sensitive" and should not be obvious to any guy using google or googling my name or such. I hope you understand.

I think the best/easiest bet for this would be to keep it to the Respawn Private Forum. We could make a subforum in there for private/sensitive thoughts/discussions?

• Like 1

Sounds good to me.

But I still would create a whole new category for that.

And posting/reading in that category is only available for members with X amount of posts or X amount of registered days.

Not sure if its possible like that, but if you agree with that I would find a way to accomplish that.

4 hours ago, stablish said:

Sounds good to me.

But I still would create a whole new category for that.

And posting/reading in that category is only available for members with X amount of posts or X amount of registered days.

Not sure if its possible like that, but if you agree with that I would find a way to accomplish that.

If someone wants a private area they can purchase a copy of Respawn and support our community. 

Is there an option to open a space for these kind of conversations that would be limited in time (auto-delete afterwards for example)? Social media closed groups are also an option, if you're ok with your data being handled by a mega corporation (?)

For now, I really appreciate the sub area in the Respawn domain of this forum. This way, the mods have complete control over the discussions and can always, if desired, delete whole topics in no time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hitaru said:

Is there an option to open a space for these kind of conversations that would be limited in time (auto-delete afterwards for example)? Social media closed groups are also an option, if you're ok with your data being handled by a mega corporation (?)

Interesting idea but not something I think we need on the forums right now.

• Like 1

Going to lock this for now. If you have Respawn you can find the new "Sensitive Discussions" sub-forum available in the private area. If you have Respawn and do not have access to the private area, PM me.