NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hi, I'm Joe

My name is Joe, and I've decided to quit video games today. I want to be the best person I can be for my family, and that means I can't get sucked into games anymore as I have been doing for the last 25 years. I will read and write more when my anxiety allows me to be more focused.

Dear Joe,

Hi I'm Michael, nice to meet you and welcome to the forums! It's great to hear that you decided to quit video games. A decision like that is hard for all of us to accomplish. To get rid of the feeling to play games again, just motivate yourself to never give up or do another activity. Me and the community wish you the best of luck!

Your fellow game quitter,

Michael

:) basically the main struggles are understanding the psychology behind it all. Once you understand the psychology its easier to understand how to cope with the problem. Then You can find a way to deal with the problem.

Also the re spawn guide suggests a couple options to help structure your days that are pretty cool :D IL wait for you to find the Gems.

Hey Joe! Thanks for joining us here. We're really happy you're here with us.

Definitely understanding why you play is a big one, because once you understand that you play for specific reasons (they fulfill certain needs you have) and in order to move on you need to identify what these needs are and find new ways to fulfill them.

If you haven't already, definitely read How to Quit Playing Video Games FOREVER, which will teach you more about the needs gaming fulfills.

On that page there is a link for hobby ideas if you need them. And also make sure you schedule your day, which will help you avoid sitting at home feeling bored, which is where your temptations will be the highest.

For anxiety, I recommend starting to meditate. Here is the research behind it for anxiety. Start with 10 minutes/day for 10 days. You'll notice how much it helps!