NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hobby Advice/Too Many??

Camilo Calderon

Hello Everyone, I’m currently about 2 months free of video games and over this time I’ve rediscovered the hobbies I enjoyed and have always liked. I’ve already made the decision to keep these hobbies as lifetime type of things. I of course enjoy other activities too but this is what has always interested me the most so i plan on working on all these throughout my lifetime. I have time for all these but I’m not sure if it seems like too much or I wanted to see what you guys felt and thought about it. Thanks!

ACTIVE: 

- Calisthenics (Bodyweight Fitness): I have this due to it being my favorite way of working out and how I can set goals on thinngs to do, be it handstands or much more

- Photography: I’ve always enjoyed photography and during highschool, I got even more into it due to my yearbook class and teacher. Im currently saving for a DSLR

RESTING:

- Reading: Reading was never one of my favorite things to do but lately it’s become something I’ve started to enjoy a lot.

- Drawing: I’ve always done drawing since I was in around elementary but with games I kinda threw it away and stopped for a long time. I now have a tablet and I’ve been drawing almost daily.

- Meditation: I’ve gottwn into meditating and it’s something I’ve come to love especially with all the self love and things I’ve learnt from it

ACHIEVEMENT: 

- Origami: I’ve always been into Origami and it’s something I’ve always been pretty good at, especially since I end up memorizing how to do it all and I can do them on my free time even without needing internet, and I can teach and show others how to do it too

- Instrument (Piano): I used to play the flute and violin, and over time I just left those especially due to games, but now I want to restart and I’ve been in love with the Piano. I’m currently saving up for a digital piano.

SOCIAL: 

- As of now, I’m unsure but I’ve been going out and just talking to people and meeting people at events (not gaming related)

BONUS

- I have a bunch of classes on Udemy bought, and I’ve been doing those almost daily. I have many for the things listed above like drawing, photography, etc. I also have for self improvement, skills, and for learning Languages like japanese. I already know 3 and I’ve wanted to learn another for a while. I like these classes since I can add and work on new skills but I can also set goals around these classes. All the classes I have there are things I’ve always wanted to work on and improve about myself and things I plan to keep with me throughout my life.

• Like 1

Excellent! It does seem like quite a lot to juggle around though. If you can keep it up, great, but it can get draining. If it were me, I would specialize and focus on only either one of the creative skills, so either drawing or music, not both. It hurts, since I love both too, and I'm pretty good at both. But specialization provides a lot more value in the long run and it's easier to stay focused and make progress.

• Like 1