NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

The Road to 90 and Beyond

ValarMaiar

So like I posted on the Relapse section, I was well into 60 days before my birthday came around. One day of gaming as a treat turned into weeks and I realised that moderation doesn't work for me. So let's go again! I'm back on Day 14 and the brain fog is clearing again. This time I'm determined to fully make it to 90 Days, and then continue past that with a healthy lifestyle where I can fully focus on living life to the full!

• Like 3

Day 16

It's good to be back! When I last binged, I stuck with one MMORPG in particular that I'd dedicated a lot of time to since I was a child. It felt good at the time to seem to be achieving something. On the other hand, I quickly jumped through my Steam library, from game to game, never really staying with one for more than half an hour. Upon reflection I realised that I was just seeking distraction and escapism. I didn't actually enjoy gaming anymore, or at least not nearly as much as I used to.

Today it resurfaced at the back of my mind occasionally, that little dopamine kick whenever I levelled up. But I'm levelling up my IRL character instead!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hitaru said:

Be careful with nostalgia, it can be a trigger.

Yeah I definitely agree. I read somewhere that listening to video game music whilst studying can be a great motivator. Well I tried it, and it worked, but I started getting nostalgic. Closed it pretty quick!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Day 12

Nostalgia got the better of me recently, but as I started gaming again, I noticed that I lost interest incredibly quickly. They just don't have the same appeal as they used to, but the rush of dopamine is what kept me there for a little while. Well it's back on that horse a little wiser!

• Like 1

Day 18

Gaming is hardly crossing my mind these days. It certainly helps that I've cut out YouTube this month and can't wander onto streams or Let's Plays. Feels strange but good to know that something that once had such a hold on me and that I thought I could never leave behind is slowly but surely being kicked out!