NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Journal

taichi

Has been a few days since I uninstalled my MMO. As always, I drifted straight into binge-watching panel shows on YouTube, and spent the last few days doing nothing but that. Now I've switched on my BlockSite addon so no more YouTube today.

I tried a no gaming, no masturbation, no iphone thing in August, and it lasted 22 days until I caught a cold and couldn't give a shit anymore. A journal of that attempt was kept on the NoFAP forums, but I've noticed that gaming is the greater problem for me. GameQuitters seems a much more appropriate place to seek help.

Not in the mood of writing paragraphs, so this is day 0 of my no gaming + no mindless internet streak. Wish me luck :)

Welcome! Don't worry if you don't feel like dropping walls of text now. Set your own pace.

Just tried to open the MMO forum and got blocked by my add-on. Past me is a genius, thank you past me.

A million times this. Those moments of 'clarity' when we know what we need to do are the times when we should set things up for future success. And it works ;)

Those moments of 'clarity' when we know what we need to do are the times when we should set things up for future success. And it works ;)

Yes. I have to admit that those moments are scarce. Must create for myself the right environment for me to make progress.

These clicks are in muscle memory. Habits. Repeated so often that there is not even a conscious thought needed.

Exactly. Have a thought, move towards computer, click. A habit I would like to get rid of.

• Like 1

Day 3

The last few years of my life has been hearing the approaching footsteps of the greater tasks in life, and shutting myself away in a futile attempt to ignore them. My gaming addiction and other fruitless time consuming habits are all branching out of that single stem. So many people I have hurt / disappointed because of this. 

Edited by taichi
typo

I feel it is very important for you to understand that everybody hurts people in his or her life. But you have decided to make changes and you have initiated a process to become a different person. You might need to forgive yourself for "past errors" and start focusing on your new way of life. By doing what you do right now, you will help yourself and thus, help others accomplish their goals. Trust me, we all hurt people in the past. But there will be a time to make up. But first of all, you have to forgive the person that has hurt you: Yourself.

By treating yourself with respect and value, you will automatically learn and adapt treating others with respect and value. Just keep on going your way and witness the incredible results. Just stay strong! You got this under control!

• Like 2

Day 3

The last few years of my life has been hearing the approaching footsteps of the greater tasks in life, and shutting myself away in a futile attempt to ignore them. My gaming addiction and other fruitless time consuming habits are all branching out of that single stem. So many people I have hurt / disappointed because of this. 

Procrastination and escapism my friend, one of the main reasons why people play video games. What could be other forms of dealing with stress while still meeting your obligations? 

• Like 1

I feel it is very important for you to understand that everybody hurts people in his or her life. But you have decided to make changes and you have initiated a process to become a different person. You might need to forgive yourself for "past errors" and start focusing on your new way of life. By doing what you do right now, you will help yourself and thus, help others accomplish their goals. Trust me, we all hurt people in the past. But there will be a time to make up. But first of all, you have to forgive the person that has hurt you: Yourself.

By treating yourself with respect and value, you will automatically learn and adapt treating others with respect and value. Just keep on going your way and witness the incredible results. Just stay strong! You got this under control!

This one I will come back to and re-read every once in a while. Thank you for your wise words.

Procrastination and escapism my friend, one of the main reasons why people play video games. What could be other forms of dealing with stress while still meeting your obligations? 

Stress relievers: Chinese tea, comfort cooking, talk with family. Guitar, singing, reading, walk in the park, squats. That kind of stuff I guess.

What I find is that acting on my tasks is the most relaxing thing to do. All I need is the courage to start moving. Thanks for this thread of thought.

• Like 1

Stress relievers: Chinese tea, comfort cooking, talk with family. Guitar, singing, reading, walk in the park, squats. That kind of stuff I guess.

What I find is that acting on my tasks is the most relaxing thing to do. All I need is the courage to start moving. Thanks for this thread of thought.

Awesome ideas.

Good luck my friend, and welcome to the forum! Keep strong, stay on course!