NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

A Fresh Start.

hsbell

Hey! My name is Hayden. I am 22 years old and live in South Carolina. I have a gaming addiction. I have been playing games for 10+ years. I feel like video games is all I know and that's why I

keep sticking to it. The game I dumped most of my life into was World of Warcraft and some other Blizzard games. I was never into the single player story type games as much as the

competitive player versus player aspect of them. Competing against other people is what made it feel satisfying and had me playing for so long. The reason I want to end this gaming addiction

is because it prevents me from having a social life and is feeding my social anxiety. When I'm stressed or bored my answer was always games. If I wasn't playing games I was watching people

play games on Twitch. If I wasn't watching twitch I was watching people on Youtube. That was my never ending cycle. And that is why I am here now. To break that cycle. I feel like the hardest

part will be ending the online friendships I have made over the years. We only know each other through the games and all we would talk about are games. So I find it mandatory to end these

friendships. Also, Blizzcon is next week. The annual event held by Blizzard Entertainment to announce new games and expansions... Just to make things even more difficult.

Hi Hayden! Welcome to the forums. 

I play games in a very similar fashion, I love making friends and I felt drawn into gaming communities because of that. It's super easy - you already have something in common, right?! However, I've found that a few of them have transitioned into people who I've come to rely on during many different moments of my life. I hope that some of those friendships transition over for you and you don't have to end them all.