NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Taking one day at a time

Ashley K.

Day 6:

For those of you who who are new, I’m Ashley and I’m a gaming addict. 

I’m a stay at home mom of two great boys and being a gaming addict makes me get in my own way. I started playing video games when I was 5, but it never really was an issue until I hit high school. That’s when it got really bad. I never did my homework and if I did it was half-assed. I always cut class and never cared. But I knew that if I didn’t get myself out of that hole I put myself in, my life would always be at a standstill. I would probably miss my son’s graduation from kindergarten, seeing my younger son’s first steps. All the opportunities of improving myself and accomplishing all that I have been wanting to do. It feels heartbreaking while I type this to think about all of it but it’s the truth. 

I’ve had some days where I have urges, but they’re not strong enough. But when I do feel like I’m about to relapse, I think about what would happen, what I would be missing and what playing would do for me. Absolutely nothing. It’s just a game that’s repetitive and there is no progress. 

On a good note, I’ve been blogging. Nothing big or special. But I would like to build it into something. I’ve been reading a lot. Watching documentaries about how global greenhouse gas emissions are caused by livestock and their by-products by 51% and how our diet in today’s society such as beef, dairy, poultry, processed foods, etc. have such an effect on our health that most don’t realize until it’s too late. So now I’m transitioning to an all plant based diet. Basically a vegan, lol. 

I do apologize for the long wall of text, but I had a lot on my mind that I wants to share will all of you. It’s nice to see everyone again! 

Never apologize for ranting, stick your chin out and write those bibles ;) (in all seriousness though, this is the place to rant).

Also, applause on transitioning to a vegan diet. It might be tough in the beginning, but stick with it, I promise it'll be worth it.