NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

The journey of Zntrix (getting a grip on my life)

Zntrix

Hi everyone Zntrix here

Ive been gaming since I was 12 years old, and a few years later I have been gaming ever since, my mother introduced my but it is still my own fault of turning this into an addiction. I never realized what I lost through gaming and ive been doing it for about 6 years every day. spending more than 25000+ hours behind a screen. I wished i would realize this sooner.

The things I experience now

- in my life i hardly do anything productive

- don't do anything physical

- feel tired all the time

- lots of arguments at home

- I am wasting my talents (actually my whole life)

- Not motivated to do anything

- pessimistic

- depressed

- bored

- socially awkward

I feel like I have wasted my life already and stopping is useless, but I don't want to think like a victim and want to do something about it. I am extremely scared of this because I cannot imagine a life without gaming, I don't know what people usually do. But there is no point of living a life like this and that needs to change, not sure where to start but that is why i am here, to improve my life. I can't remove my pc from my room since i need it for my work and school (works much better than my older laptop)

so that being said, i need a few tips and tricks to get through the first days of no pc

- I assume going cold turkey is the best option, Is this true?

- what can i do to kill the boredom the first few days?

-  what can I expect to change in the future?

- any other tips of tricks I should now?

- how can I stay motivated?

Zntrix

Welkom! I recommend reading some of the other journals here. Not only great against boredom, but it can give you an idea of what some other people have experienced while quitting and what you can perhaps expect for yourself. And also how people bettered themselves after quitting games. There's gonna be boredom at the start for sure, your brain is used to hyper stimulation and is not happy to quit. That's also why I would go cold turkey if I were you, so you can let your brain detox. I can recommend watching Cams video's, he basically made a video for every question you can think of regarding quitting games and getting purpose in life.

Good luck!

Hi there. Welcome to the forums.

I am sure this will be a big step and it is great that you ask for help.

I would suggest that you check the gamequitters youtube channel. I linked the Start here playlist which will help you to answer most of the urgent questions. I would urge you to write daily entry's in the journal section. This will keep you focussed and be able to process the changing habits more easily. It is also a great way to keep yourself accountable.

We got your back!

so that being said, i need a few tips and tricks to get through the first days of no pc

Yes, you should be able to stop playing at any given point. If you can't, you won't be able to moderate. Set your own goal (we recommend 90 days, but you can start by 7, 15 or 30, whatever you feel comfortable)

Also take a look at this.

Check this, this and this.

This and this.

Try to journal everyday, even if a few lines or you feel you don't have anything to say. Consistency is key. Read other people's stories for inspiration and mutual support.

Express gratitude. Every time you can. Out loud and written. It does wonders.

Check the channel, I don't want to spam you with more videos ;)