NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hey Everybody

Greetings all,

I'm Chris.  Like many of you, I started gaming when I was child.  My grandmother had a Commodore 64 that I had my first gaming experiences on and I've been hooked ever since.  A significant amount of time in my life has been spent gaming.  While I've always held this as more of a passionate hobby, as I've been getting older I've started to recognize that my hobby has progressed to the point where I'm no longer actually living my life.  Both my parents have passed on in the last few years unexpectedly, and I've used gaming as a way of escaping from these and other difficult life events. I spend anywhere from 8-12 hours a day gaming online.  It's to the point where I've stopped taking care of myself and I'm just going through the motions.  There are a lot of things that I've been trying to work towards over the past year that I've been unable to make real progress on because of my gaming habit.  I guess I've finally hit a point where I realize something needs to change.  I've gone through periods where I've forced myself to take breaks from gaming, and looking back on those experiences I realize that life always seems better during those times.  

Beyond games, I've been a computer programmer for most of my life.  I collect typewriters and have a strong interest in local history.  I have an amazing wife and a beautiful little girl. 

Thanks to Cam and you awesome people who are taking time from your lives to support strangers like myself on the forums.  You rock.  

Thanks for reading,
Chris