NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Rbarton's Journal

Rbarton

Day #2

I'm anxious and nervous today. I don't know what to do. At this time of day I would have already put in a couple of hours of gaming. Being unemployed does not help. I need structure, schedule and goals.  I need to fire up some old hobbies. 

What I'm grateful for:

Game Quitters

My wife

The ability to express my thoughts

It's completely normal at the beginning. A mix of chemical imbalance mixed with the uncertainty of what to do with your new time. Be mindful of its temporary status, it helps. One day at a time! 

About the specific whats, you can check the +60 hobby ideas sheet or take back your old hobbies if you already have something in mind. Also, what about that job? Any plans?

• 2 weeks later...

Day #13

Staying busy, working on goals is helping with the struggle. I keep a notebook of things to do the next day and lay it out on my desk where I can see it. I then get those things done and check them off the list. This helps tremendously. I need structure and schedule. It needs to be methodical so I can stay on track. If I go idle for a long period of time then I can get into trouble. This is tough. Tougher than I thought it would be. I want to play. Instead, I will start on a model car. A passion I had before getting sucked into gaming. I hope this works. I'm thankful for the ability to write on here. Thanks for this platform.  Enjoy your day. 

Day #17

Should I sell my PS4? It's tempting. It might help with the struggle and then it might not. My wife says not to because she thinks I can return to gaming one day on my own terms. I'm not so sure. I noticed the other day I was still getting digital copies of Game Informer and still being sent offers on PSN.  That's not good. I got rid of those notifications pretty quick. I'm struggling because some new games are coming out that I would really like to play but I know I can't. I also believe I can't just go back to gaming once my 90 are up. With me, it's all or nothing I'm afraid.  I've been filling my time with model car building, turning in job apps (searching for a job) and studying graphic design. Also, I've been reading a lot. I'm reading "Outwitting the Devil" by Napoleon Hill. It's about finding the secret to freedom and success. Really good read.  Anyway, enjoy your day.  

day 17 already, wow congratulations! You already got very far in this detox! 

If you don't believe that you can one day go back to gaming on your own terms, then why keep the PS4? buying a new one would be a huge barrier for you to start again

Keep it up Rbarton! looking forward to your next entry

day 17 already, wow congratulations! You already got very far in this detox! 

If you don't believe that you can one day go back to gaming on your own terms, then why keep the PS4? buying a new one would be a huge barrier for you to start again

Keep it up Rbarton! looking forward to your next entry

Good point Wigger. Thanks for the encouragement.

hello there welcome to the forums, one thing I did when I did my detox I went full cold turkey and you probably should to this means no gaming video, streams, info, console games, pc games or even anything tech related must be eliminated during this detox (this what I did). If your gonna watch them then you will be tempted, this why in my own detox which I m still going through I went cold turkey, hide your game consoles away if you not interested or sell if you want to but it up to you to decide what you want to to do with them and no one can tell you one way or the other other than yourself. 

I hope this helps you. 

• 3 weeks later...