NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Vamosalaplaya's Journal

vamosalaplaya

On this day I am beginning my journal on here. I quit playing games a few days ago, so if you're interested in the time between then and now, I've written about it in my introduction post here, but it's a pretty long post.

Today I woke up early, a lot earlier than I would have liked, despite staying up the previous afternoon and going to sleep at a reasonable time. This caused me to feel a little bit tired through most of today, but nothing severe and I managed to stay awake. Hopefully tonight will be better. I gave a shot at cooking something for lunch that was a bit more advanced than I usually make. It wasn't terrible but it didn't turn out good either. I felt a bit sick after eating it, if I'm lucky nothing worse will come of it. I'm glad I tried, I learned from it.

I also went on a walk for a few hours and listened to a podcast. I really enjoyed it and the weather was nice. I did my daily goal for duolingo, and I studied and practiced some 3D Modeling. I got bored a few times during the day but didn't let it bother me.

It was a pretty good day, but there's still a nagging in the back of my head that keeps telling me I should be being more productive with my time. I want to work towards that, but I'm happy I made it through another day without games at least.

Welcome to the forums! 

You know, I think one will never be satisfied with ones productivity - even Elon Musk or the like probably wish they could've done more. Don't be too hard on yourself, but never settle either; always be on the lookout for more effective ways to spend your time. 

Good luck on this journey. Your life will only improve from this point :) 

Hey, thanks for the support Daniel and Simon

I had a really good day today. Spent most of it exploring a museum and afterwards a car show. Took some time to enjoy the scenery at both places, beautiful locations and perfect weather. Met daily goal for duolingo maintaining streak, had a good dinner, and spent some time reading. I was having fun and kept busy enough that I didn't experience any notable boredom today and my mood was up. Also didn't feel significantly tired during the day which is great of course. Outlook for the new week is positive.

Thanks giblets and thehonasc00py for the encouragement.

Unfortunately I missed making a journal entry yesterday. For some reason I had woken up feeling tired and had little motivation to do much that day.

The tiredness was mostly gone today, and I spent most of the day indoors as the weather has not been so nice. I did go to the store at one point but spent most of the day reading, and learning techniques for 3D Modeling. It was not a very eventful day, I'm still searching for ways to change that which satisfy me. Today marks one full week since quitting video games so at least I can be happy about that. Even though I still wish I was making more of my days my mood seems to be significantly more positive than before.

it kind of feels like I'm playing the waiting game. There are some things that are up to me to take hold of, but some are just beyond my reach and I have to bide my time in a productive way, but I still struggle with the "how"

I still wish I was making more of my days my mood seems to be significantly more positive than before.

it kind of feels like I'm playing the waiting game. There are some things that are up to me to take hold of, but some are just beyond my reach and I have to bide my time in a productive way, but I still struggle with the "how"

In my experience doing too much too soon is counterproductive and causes an ego backlash where you lose focus and backslide out of the blue. The slow but consistent approach is almost always better, I would focus on just a few things. Even time spent doing nothing can be productive in the sense that you're detoxing from stimulation, and can apply mindfulness to the present moment, developing your awareness.

Thanks honda that helps me feel better about it, and I will try to keep your advice in mind.

Went walking outside in search of activities today. I was looking at martial arts programs and gyms but there aren't many in my area, and even less of good quality but you gotta make do with what you have I guess. The only problem is the prices are jacked up and they insist on contracts and the sort, which is problematic as although I would be as dedicated as possible to the program should I join it, there would be various more important things that must come before it. I have no intention of being charged for putting my priorities in the right order.

I also applied to some new jobs. I spent about ten minutes typing on why I think it's silly that every place insists you use their poorly made online application process and won't even take your resume if you show up in person to apply, but I'll save you all the trouble of reading it.

Thats about it for today.

Wow, it's been a few days since my last journal entry, time starts to fly. As much as I'd like to do journal entries daily, I think I will continue to do them every few days or so instead which I feel I'm more comfortable with.

I wish I could've been more active in the gamequitters forums by posting in other users threads more frequently but I'm still working on the social thing. I've come to the conclusion that in order to do that, I need to spend time working on myself first. I think other users here will understand that. If you read this just know I respect all of you and hope you all succeed every day, whether or not I choose to make posts.

I got a call back from one of the jobs I applied to, it went well over the phone and now they've invited me in-store to meet face to face which I believe is the final step in the process, where they will (hopefully) choose to offer me a position. Getting back into working will really help me out in my situation I believe. I have some debts I need to pay off but aside from that the money isn't my concern at all. I genuinely will be happy to have something meaningful to fill my time with. Meanwhile my application to the military is still in the process but there seems to be some sort of error with the scheduling system and I'm having trouble setting up an appointment I was requested to set up. It's frustrating because I'm so invested in this but I have to be patient because I know that no matter what, if I make it in the end it will have all been worth it.

Meanwhile for the retail job I'm applying to its cost over $200 to prepare for in advance, for something they're not even giving me a guarantee on, plus I have to have constant access to email and my cell phone etcetera. I'm very lucky and grateful to have parents who have been so willing to help me on this but I can't help feeling upset about the state of the world we live in where so many people are not as fortunate as I am. You don't even have be unfortunate, but if you're not fortunate, you're can be screwed, and then people wonder things like "Why are young people struggling to find jobs? Why do we have homeless people?" and so forth while screwing each other over to make it on top of their rat race. 

This is another reason that I am inspired by Cam Adair. He has given a lot in helping me the way I needed help, and so many others with the same problem. If I could help others nearly as much as Cam has helped me, it would be all the happiness I could ever need.

Nearly two weeks without video games now. Thanks so much.

@vamosalaplaya you can work on the social thing as you feel comfortable. We're more than happy for you to pop in to share as often or as little as you need. 

It's great to hear your progress on your job application. Finding a job can definitely feel frustrating (I'm in a similar situation myself), but it will pay off in the end. Especially those debts! Keep being inspired, keep it up!