NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Favourite Podcast

timon

This Past Weekend from Theo Von, unconventional comedian with interesting and funny ideas, super down to earth, has his own fair share of battles with depression and addiction. I listen to it to kick back during breakfast.

Athene's Realtalk Podcast has some good, high quality insights and reality checks

The Joe Rogan Experience has some fascinating episodes, particularly ones with Randall Carlson, Graham Hancock (awesome alt history theories), Jeff Evans (medic for expeditions) , Wim Hof (cold showers), Alex Honnold (climbs rock faces without ropes and breakneck speeds, eg el capitan 4 hours)

Hey,

I listen to The Art of Charm.

They interview a wide range of highly successful people, and cover so many different topics. Topics range from dating and sex to finance and career advice to life-hacking and fitness—every aspect of a rich, fulfilling life.

I honestly feel so lucky to have found this podcast. It's bloody awesome! :D

Regards,

Brad.

I got really into podcasts a few months ago and had dozens I subscribed to and tried to work my way through. My brain felt pretty all over the place as I stuffed it full of episodes to keep up with all the newly released episodes. Not something I would recommend. Now I've narrowed my list down to my top 3. 

1. The Tim Ferriss Show - I've linked to his most popular 10 episodes, which are a great place to start. Tim Ferriss brought me into the world of podcasting, and his content doesn't disappoint.
  2. London Real - I found out about London Real through his interview with Ido Portal, and have since taken a liking to it. 
  3. Have It All - From the Guy behind TEDRadio (another great podcast for variety), this is all about getting to a 10 in every area of life.

As for methods of digesting podcasts? Personally I've been converted to Overcast and haven't gone back. It looks great, has all the podcasts I want, and has a really clever Smart Speed functionality that I love. 

How does everybody else listen to their podcasts?

@Andre2807 I didn't know Jocko had his own podcast! I listened to his interview with Tim Ferriss and enjoyed his book. I'm going to check this out.

@thehondasc00py I've heard good things about the Joe Rogan Experience. You may have persuaded me to give it a go.

@Brad_Hurst I've never heard of The Art of Charm, but you have me completely sold. It sounds bloody awesome.

@Andre2807 I didn't know Jocko had his own podcast! I listened to his interview with Tim Ferriss and enjoyed his book. I'm going to check this out.

I use soundcloud often, but I try to download the MP3 file of the podcast episodes (where possible).

Yeah, Jocko's podcast is very good. The only issue is, you can't skip really through any parts of it - there's nuggets of advice / ideas all over the 2 hour episodes. 

I'm a big fan of Eric Thomas, so I like to listen to his Secret to Success Podcast. I also like The Running for Real Podcast, which helps me push through my long runs.

I'm going to check out Jocko's podcast tomorrow during my commuting. I'll let you know how I like it!

Edited by imquitgaming

@Brad_Hurst I've never heard of The Art of Charm, but you have me completely sold. It sounds bloody awesome.

I listen to their podcasts on The Art of Charm app that you can download on Android (I'd imagine they have one on iTunes too).

It's nicely laid out with all of their podcasts listed from the very 1st episode. They have around 650 now.

Whilst listening you can skip forwards and back 30 seconds at a time which I find is very useful as sometimes you can miss key points. Especially if you are driving and something else has taken your attention away.

(But of course you should never use your phone and drive! But if you are rebel, you only have to hit one button and you are back in time)

You can also download the podcasts and then you can listen to them offline.

Monday Morning Podcast (MMP) with Bill Burr. He calls topics how he sees it which others are too scared to talk about, plus he is hilarious!

Some other ones that people haven't mentioned so far:

The Anxiety Guy

James Aldricher Show (not sure if I spelt his last name right)

The Minimalists

Skeptics Guide to the Universe