NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Steve's Journey(A Fresh Start)

Stevec2283

Day 6 

Yesterday went pretty well and I didn’t play any games. One negative to the day was that I didn’t have anything planned so rather than doing anything really productive, I kinda just wasted time. 

Day 7

So far today has been a good day, I wasn’t home at all this morning so I didn’t think about gaming at all. I’m also planning to perhaps go for a walk and also perhaps play guitar. The next few days might be a struggle because we have poor weather on the way which won’t allow me to go for a walk so I’ll just have to find other activities to do around the house.

So far this time around as opposed to other times I’ve tried to quit gaming, I’ve been able to maintain the right mindset. I try to focus on one day to a time and try to stay as a positive as I can despite any negative emotions. I also realize that no matter how many games I play, it won’t change any stress or situation that I could be dealing with. The only thing that gaming does is provide a temporary escape, but once you put down the controller and turn off the game, the stress or situation is still there. It’s so much better to deal with the situation or if there’s nothing you can do to change it, then just do what you can to endure it. 

I will continue to take things one day at a time, one step at a time. 

”Leave the Pixel World, Enter the Real World.”

Well after doing so well in trying to quit gaming, I’m back at square one again. 

After just about 10 days, I had a setback in my journey and went back to gaming.

During the two days that I was gaming, I would game for a couple of hours but I would find myself getting bored with it and not enjoying it.

I did sell my PS4 awhile back but I had my PS3 to fall back to, but I’m starting again and won’t let this setback rattle me. Today I restored my PS3 back to its default and packed it away. 

So this is the start of Day 1 and even though I had a setback, I can take one positive out it, the length of the relapse was short in comparison to others.

I will continue to take this one day at a time and keep fighting no matter how long it takes for me to be successful.

Edited by Stevec2283
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dannigan said:

What triggered you to go back to gaming?

Really look back and identify what those triggers were. 

Why did you keep your PS3 to fall back to?  Why not sell it?

It seems like you keep the video games really close by, for some strange reason.  To fall back on.  Why?

My challenge to you is to sell that PS3.  SELL IT.  KEEP NOTHING IN THE HOUSE THAT IS A GAMING CONSOLE. 

It’s not really that I really kept it to go back to but I’ve had it for awhile that it would be hardly worth selling so I just packed it away. And by saying that I had my PS3 to fall back to, I was using it as a play on words.

Edited by Stevec2283

11 minutes ago, Dannigan said:

Why keep it?

Why  not just throw it away?  Or give it to a trustworthy friend/family member for 90 days? 

If you can't throw it away, ask yourself why are you keeping a gaming console that is readily available to use, right in your own home?  

And what triggered you to fall back on gaming just recently?

I guess what triggered me to go back to gaming was stress associated with other things I’m dealing with in life. So I would say that gaming for me is an emotional crutch or coping mechanism. So I have to find other ways, besides gaming to deal with stress.