NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Damian's journal

Damiano

Day 58.

Sunday of reflection. Spent the day relaxing and learning. I have started thinking about increasing my income, and have been reading about possible ways of doing it. This lack of games gives me so much clarity in my mind, i cant believe i had this ability to focus on useful things. I'm guessing my focus and interest was in the irrelevant worlds of games, leaving reality as the annoying "game".

I am selling my gaming PC. Im going to use the money to buy something very handy and energy efficient that will still have enough power to let me work without interruptions.

Day 59

Today I realized what stress is, never felt with this intensity before. I thought it was anxiety, but I was wrong. The excitment of all that is happening is giving me unhealthy levels of stress, alot is changing and that is the source of it. I am going to continue this path for a few more days, just to see if my body can get used to this new way of living. Im starting a business and my new girlfriend is really taking time in my minds which is great but its all unknown territory. I must find ways of relaxing, that dont include games.

Day 60.

Great day. Exhaustion is starting to get worse. My mind is playing tricks on me, the same way it used to do when i used to play games. It tells me that i need to relax, and what better way than gaming. Well fuck that, must start selling the pc this week. 

Day 61.

Second meeting at toastmasters, im going to make it a constant thing because its not only hard to overcome this, but its also difficult to master the skills. 

I have been having cravings all the time today. I think its because i didnt do something i wanted to do because i was too afraid, and i let fear beat me once more. Any defeat, even tiny ones make our mind crave comfort, an thus sending signs to the body to search for ways to be comfortable. Very dangerous time for me. Have to keep extra vigilant.

No games.

Day 63.

No games today. Good session in therapy, good workout at home. Cravings appear, and the willingness to play is still there, as strong as ever. Maybe I just really enjoy games and its all about the reason to play them. If they make my life richer in experiences and happiness then why not? right? RIGHT? We will see after the 90+ days

Day 64.

Today was one of those lazy days, and I managed to watch some documentaries i wanted to watch for some time. I also installed a game on my phone while on the bathroom, already uninstalled it. I don't even know why i did that, must put more attention while having free time.

Day 66.

All good, no games nor cravings. Started a two week vegan diet tryout :) I want to test the benefits on the body and mind, because i hear a lot of good things about it and also a big fuzz to ridicule it. I have to know for myself. Also, having another thing to occupy the mind with is very useful while on any kind of detox.

Day 69.

Finally my mind is starting to settle. I am doing heavy work in personal development and I can see the effects which give me confidence in myself and my future. I still want to play, as strong as before, but games themselves are not as important as before. I will probably play again some day, but not soon.

Day 70 & 71

My father got drunk again, and it made me angry, this was the closest I got to playing games since the detox began. It messes me up pretty bad that I cant do shit about it. The only thing I havent done is leave. Which I am planning on doing next year.

Today Im going to see my gf for the whole afternoon, which will calm me down. 

We can't change our parents' behavior, but we can choose how to react. My father also drank a lot (now so-so), the situations are different but I can understand the source of your bad feelings. I don't know if you felt the same, but for me I wanted my parents to have a supportive and understanding role in my life, and when this didn't happen or their own problems and weaknesses got in the way, it was frustrating, almost overwhelming. It's difficult and painful to see them as lost and troubled as us, but they are human as well. Over the years I discovered the only real thing you can do is lead by example. You can't talk or shout your way into changing anyone. Become the person you want your parents to be. It's the best you can do to inspire others to take action as well, and perhaps change for good. 

71 days! You're almost there, don't give up! Focus on what's working in your live and double it down. You have this. Urges come and go in spikes but you'll notice this spikes being weaker each time. Two and something weeks. You can do it.

Day 74.

Nothing too amazing today, work, and toastmasters meeting. Everything went well, first time at the after party. Casual conversations are very difficult for me. Came home at 22, made some food and now I am writing this. Rest and relaxation are of the utmost importance if we want to keep an active life.

Day 75.

Great day. LAst day of pure vegan diet. I must say, it has been a great two weeks, and im no going to stop this lifestyle, I like the fact that I have to think about what to eat. Im leaving pure vegan, and Im going to add some extra stuff, but vegan will be the core of the diet. I just like the other stuff too.

I am going ona a trip with gf, will be gone for three days, so don't think I quit or anything