NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Damian's journal

Damiano

Day 78.

It has been a great weekend, and I am wasted, so tired...

It was very strange, I had huge carvings and fantasies about gaming, planning what game I would play first... its official, my brain is an asshole.

I have been going up and down weather I will play games after the detox or not. Right now i don't want to start again.

You're not the first one to report this, your brain is seeing the end of the goal you set and is trying to negotiate. That's why the 90 days should be a milestone and a guide, but not absolute religious canon.

My advice is to stay away from it if you're still feeling such strong urges. A simple hobby doesn't need to blackmail you.

Glad you had a great weekend!

You're not the first one to report this, your brain is seeing the end of the goal you set and is trying to negotiate. That's why the 90 days should be a milestone and a guide, but not absolute religious canon.

My advice is to stay away from it if you're still feeling such strong urges. A simple hobby doesn't need to blackmail you.

Glad you had a great weekend!

It is really helpful to know that others experience similar feeling. If I hadn't put my gaming PC away, I would have broke. This removing of the possibility to play games "one click away" was of tremendous help for me. 

• Like 1

I know, I already have a few, and started going out a lot more and adopted a new diet, My life is very different now and I have no need for games. But even if I do all that, and dont have time for games, I still fantasize about it. I dont see it as a bad thing, its just that I dont want gaming to take up the time I have for other things.

Day 83.

Okay, so... only one week left. I am going to make it, no problem. But I will not play games yet. I have alot more I want to do, and games will be too much of a distraction. That is why I am leaving games, without an expiration date. I might play some games later in life, but not in the close future, they dont have a place in my life anymore. Cravings and fantasies will be there, but the actual games wont.

Almost there Damian! Rooting for you.

Cravings come and go, but your choice remains. No matter if one or a thousand, you'll always have the last word. Be mindful and aware of this, the power that having the choice gives you. You choose, you live. Games don't do it for you.

Day 89!!!

Oh man, this emotions are killing me!!! my mind is like 

"Im going to play something in 2 days!!" then its like "NO! I will never play anything again" and the "but just a little bit" "NO! damn it!"

I dont know what is going to happen

Day 90 and 91.

I DIDI IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday (day 90 of my detox) I brought back my gaming rig, and plugged everything together. Turned it on, Uninstalled all the games and deleted all the saves. And now I am watching this huge monitor and writing this. So how do I feel? I feel great, yesterday celebrated with my gf (u know what I mean), from 16:00 to 23:00. And the fact that I have a gf and am able to have sex is only because I quit gaming.

Thank you all for the support, and specially thank you Cam, thank you for existing. 

I will not play video games soon, I still want to, and feel cravings for playing something, even visualize the game on my screen. And that is why I will not play, my brain wants it too much, wants to fill that hole inside. The hole is a lot smaller now, after those 3 months, but its still there. I think I will carry it for years, before I stop wanting satisfaction from gaming, because that is the truth, its not fun I crave, its satisfaction.

This 90 days, its just a start. A whole new range of possibilities lies in front of me. I am conquering it all.

Thank you again and farewell

PS. If anyone wants to talk, send me PM, I might have some tips for you, that might pull you through your struggle just as I used the wisdom of those that came before me. We are all in this together. Lets make the world shine.

Peace!

• Like 2

Day 96.

Im doing great, no games so far. Going for the 100. 

I have been more interested in the gaming world, and have been reading on the games I really want to play that have not been released yet. I have realized I really like the concept of games, but the PROBLEM is to use games as an escape. Its all about balance, and type of consumption.

• Like 1