NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

90 Day Detox

eshi2000

Day 76, It's not that hard to keep the detox, but I'm afriad that once the 90 days is up I'll treat it like my addiction is gone and I can play video games again (even though that means my addiction is still there). Is there a good way to continue counting, something to give more meaning to these journals, another date or number that I can follow to keep going without games?

Thanks,

Eli

Day 76, It's not that hard to keep the detox, but I'm afriad that once the 90 days is up I'll treat it like my addiction is gone and I can play video games again (even though that means my addiction is still there). Is there a good way to continue counting, something to give more meaning to these journals, another date or number that I can follow to keep going without games

It seems like you want the motivational boost of the day counting to continue. This fulfills a need for accomplishment. To keep some counters up are a nice way to fulfill this need because you also improve your life by this daily routines. You can use this tool to do anything you want. For example you could make a new counter after the 90 days for no games and daily excercise. Or maybe you want to tackle mindless surfing? There are a lot of possibilities. But I can't give you special recommandations without knowing more about your goals and living situation ;)

Did you think about what your gonna do after you accomplished the detox? 

@WorkInProgress I'm going to continue it! I've gotten into Photography recently and thats taking up a lot of my time which is great. It's hard and fun. My detox which is basically just a counter now instead of a journal will continue as long as Game Quitters stays alive. So daily, I'll still say "Today is day 89!" The last day of my detox, but not the last day of my counter for quitting Video Games :) 

Thanks for staying with me, Thanks Cam for giving me this chance to get out of my addiction,

Eli Shi

• Like 1

WELL. Game Quitters has been offline, but as you can see, it's tuesday, 11/14. I started my detox 8/14. It's been over 90 days, 91 days exactly, and my detox is over, but I'm going to continue to post every day! Lets go for 6 months now, so 180 days off and keep the counter going!

Thanks,

Eli

• Like 2