NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

90 Day Detox

eshi2000

It's just my second day of the detox, so I don't feel too off yet, but I definitely have to remind myself whenever I'm on the computer to keep up my abstinence. Right now, it hasn't been too difficult, but I'm sure it will get harder in a month or two, which is also the most important time to stay away. I hope you guys can stay with me on my mission because without others watching it's just too easy to quit and give in to the video games.

It really helps to change all my chrome bookmarks to Game Quitters or Stop Gaming Forums and communities. When I open chrome, my bookmarks are my habits and by setting this forum and Cam's youtube on there it really is good at reminding me to stay away.

Thanks,

Eli

• Like 1

Still going! I'm actually in an argument with one of my close friends that plays video games. He thinks they aren't that bad if you can limit the amount of time you're playing and I would have agreed if I hadn't tried to limit myself so many times and every time failed. Gradually convincing my friends, maybe we'll all join Game Quitters! I'm also looking into low powered android phones that can't run games but can run apps like whatsapp so I can still communicate with my friends. Making this journal every day really helps remind me of my 90 day goal.

Thanks for staying with me!

Eli

Well I just realized I'm not supposed to make a new Topic for every daily journal. HAHA. So here I am, on my fourth day. I can't believe it's my fourth day, thats the best I've actually done. It seems like this is working, with all the forums and videos and stuff. I guess I experienced minor cravings today, but I kind of shut them away, so it's still not too difficult for me to stay focused on what I really want. I appreciate you guys staying with me and reading what I have to say. I hope I can continue the detox.

I'm gonna stay on this topic instead of making a new one each day, so this page will grow :)

Thanks,

Eli

Edited by eshi2000

Hey there! Cravings are something that you'll just have to acknowledge and move on. And it seems like you're doing just that. Great job man. 

Day five here. Just trying to keep up the streak. I find it's really hard to discuss my issues with my family, I actually hide it from them, even the quitting games part seems very private to me. I'm not sure why, as I should be proud of my decision to do the Detox and quit. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eli 

Day five here. Just trying to keep up the streak. I find it's really hard to discuss my issues with my family, I actually hide it from them, even the quitting games part seems very private to me. I'm not sure why, as I should be proud of my decision to do the Detox and quit. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eli 

Good job, Eli!

What do you lose if you discuss things with your family and they don't react in a way you want them to? Alternatively what do you gain if shut yourself off from them and bottle up your feelings?

I think the best you can do is to keep your door open. No one can take away your ideas or convictions, you can only gain new perspectives. It's a bulletproof behavioral pattern really. Your family love you, just imagine the investment they've put into you. But they are human and they have their own weird ways of giving love and support (we all do, I certainly do as well).

And yes, you must be proud of your decision and the follow-through. Own it like you want it.

Thanks,

Eli 

Good job, Eli!

What do you lose if you discuss things with your family and they don't react in a way you want them to? Alternatively what do you gain if shut yourself off from them and bottle up your feelings?

I think the best you can do is to keep your door open. No one can take away your ideas or convictions, you can only gain new perspectives. It's a bulletproof behavioral pattern really. Your family love you, just imagine the investment they've put into you. But they are human and they have their own weird ways of giving love and support (we all do, I certainly do as well).

And yes, you must be proud of your decision and the follow-through. Own it like you want it.

I think me gaming had an adverse effect on my family spreading out around the states, not sure. So instead of wondering why i made a choice to still reach out to them and they respected me for it, tell them that you love them and you really want to change. Keep up the streak, eshi2000!

First of all, thanks for all the replies and answers, it really helps me. I will try to discuss my gaming habits and how the detox is working out for me with my family because what harm can come from that right? It makes me feel uncomfortable if anything, I'm not sure why, but I'll learn to deal with it.

It's day six, a Saturday where I'm at home alone a lot and it's really hard to stay focused on my work. I've thought about playing video games a few times today, but I've tried to stay on track by listening to music and eating yummy foods. So far this is my hardest day yet, which is why I'm writing this message right now, at 6:36, a little bit earlier than usual, so that I am reminded to keep my detox streak. 

Thanks for reading,

Eli

Hey guys, day 7, so I guess thats one week down! I found when I start to get bored with my work and unfocused is when I want to play video games the most, so what I do is I take a break from my work and do something fun, usually something active because it really takes my mind off of the work. If i'm really tired, then I'll take a nap, which will also give me the energy after I'm done to start my work again and be on task. 

Thanks,

Eli

Today's day eight. I find spending time with children really helps take my mind off of the games. Also, praying, meditation, or any sort of deep thought processes help me too. It keeps a constant reminder of why I decided to quit and how much it will change my life. I can't believe it's eight days already. The way Cam said it, go day by day, is really working for me because I feel like I quit just yesterday. :)

Thanks,

Eli

day nine. I realized I'm not counting the number of days and every day when I come back to continue my journal I have to look back to yesterday to see what I'm at. It's pretty fun this way because you can see the increments and also feel good about yourself every single day! It's so great you guys can stay with me on my detox or else it would be difficult to keep the streak.

Thanks,

Eli

Coming in day 10! I had a some cravings to watch twitch when I came home today. I think it was because I was so tired, I didn't have the energy or brain power to do any work, I just wanted to relax. Instead, did something physical and I danced! Dancing makes you happier and releases endorphines I believe and it doesn't take that same brain energy it takes to do thinking work! I'm gradually making my way through this Detox. 1/9 done!

Thanks,

Eli