NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Detox for Shocks

BigPete247

It's interesting how many people who try to get off the gaming on this actually have engaging hobbies. For example, your drawing, @Mettermrck's podcast.

>> I just hope i haven't offended anyone with what i posted on here, if i did i apologize.

The line about "chilling out the only way you know" was borderline weird. Not offending, just weird. It still puzzles me what exactly you thought about me that time)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting how many people who try to get off the gaming on this actually have engaging hobbies. For example, your drawing, @Mettermrck's podcast.

>> I just hope i haven't offended anyone with what i posted on here, if i did i apologize.

The line about "chilling out the only way you know" was borderline weird. Not offending, just weird. It still puzzles me what exactly you thought about me that time)

It's nothing really, what i meant by that is just do what makes you happy in life, my bad if it sounded weird, HappyCat, because we all need a break from life sometimes. ;)

Hey Pete, would you mind sharing your nick/username on DeviantArt? I like looking at pretty things and drawing in progress :)

RL93

Hey Pete, would you mind sharing your nick/username on DeviantArt? I like looking at pretty things and drawing in progress :)

Seconded)

RL93

Edited by BigPete247

Day 14:

I see you guys want to see my art, no problem, just click the link i set up and it should take you right to my DeviantArt page, enjoy :D.

I'll make this quick since i have a lot of schoolwork to do, my day almost ended when i got into a big debate about Interracial Marriages with a female, not really going into details, as the conversation i lost nearly made me leave the class in laughter.

Digging deeper into this critical thinking thing for the first time, this is something my brain would never do when i was gaming. On a positive note, these 2 years in school will be easier now, turns out that the VP of the school knew my dad as we had a good conversation about fixing up my portfolio for the school. Good seeds.

Day 15:

Ok, back to normal, good, i think i have a few tests i need to study for next week, but they should be easy since they are still using the multiple choice format for most of them. I ran around my school today trying my best to get books for my classes (still behind, i know) and i actually got them, no run around, no detours, just relied on patience.

I really appreciate you guys for checking out my art, helps to let people know what I'm actually doing with my free time. The urges have also completely disappeared and i haven't thought about a game in a while. Which is good, but now I'm thinking about long term, I'll see how i feel after this.

I'm grateful for being more outgoing and flying lawnmowers (joke)

Day 16:

@Mettermrck Thanks for you guys' support

@Vlad Thanks, glad to be artistic like you guys for a change, and about why they fly? I was watching a blind commentary on YouTube and a guy i was watching came up with a funny intermittent joke about how the show was playing on reality and had the flying lawnmower in the background. Which lead me to believe the that flying lawnmower theorized the fictional show actually turning into reality and  thus made me joke about disliking flying lawnmowers.

Got a lot done today; picked up trimmings in my yard, read a little journal, responded to commentators on DeviantArt, washed my clothes, performed first aid  attempted first aid on my nose bleed aggravated from the dry air in my house, plugged up my humidifier, all while keeping my grandmother from unleashing her weekend anger on me and my dad.

About school, it took me all of yesterday afternoon to finish my paper but i got it done, APA format was difficult to write but i was able to find some credible sources to get it cited. I also was able to get a good grade on another paper that got back from the week before about the solar eclipse.

Now i'm thinking about creating 3-D art on my other hobby: Street Racing.

I'm grateful for taking up hobbies and making the grade in school.

Edited by BigPete247

Day 17:

Guess ill make this quick, had a good nights sleep last night as my humidifier kept my nose from draining. I might think about getting started on this art to keep me productive at least after i get home. Here's an idea of what i had in mind to sketch.

I'm grateful for weekends and being able to improve on myself

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0057.JPG

Edited by BigPete247

thirded

RL93

I see you like a bit of Japanese culture. Coincidentally the BBC held a series of documentaries which have now all been ripped to the good ole' youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glhcEkQTB9s (that one is about how they make samurai swords) to help launch an exhibition on the life works of Hokusai:

Red_Fuji_southern_wind_clear_morning.jpg

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hokusai21_great-wave.jpg

The trick is to read both prints from right to left, not left to right. 

I never went because I was too busy gaming at the time to notice :S

Edited by -n.g-

thirded

RL93

I see you like a bit of Japanese culture. Coincidentally the BBC held a series of documentaries which have now all been ripped to the good ole' youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glhcEkQTB9s (that one is about how they make samurai swords) to help launch an exhibition on the life works of Hokusai:

Red_Fuji_southern_wind_clear_morning.jpg

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hokusai21_great-wave.jpg

The trick is to read both prints from right to left, not left to right. 

I never went because I was too busy gaming at the time to notice

The video was copyrighted, couldn't view it but i see what you are saying, -n.g.-, would be nice to go to see how those swords are made. I also was hoping to get a play Hattori Hanzo sword from Kill Bill there but they weren't selling any at NashiCon (public cosplay anime event), so i might plan on buying one from eBay one day.

I once went to NashiCon with a buddy of mine and i picked up one of those books. It was very interesting as the dialog felt out of place and the scripted scenes were misleading. Then i read the inscription, "Please enjoy our traditional Japanese RTL book, it is different from normal books, as the pages and dialog will have to be read from right to left." So, now that i knew how other people appreciative of Japanese culture take this as a part of their lives, i had to see for myself.

As far as the Asian culture, I've came to appreciate it after watching a few cartoons growing up ,you know before they got cancelled (Jackie Chan's Adventures, Xiaolin Showdown) and a couple of American-Asian movies like Kiss of the Dragon series. Even watched a parody. Thanks guys for that.

Edited by BigPete247

Day 18:

Yet another day at school, and had more notes to pile up in my notebook. Something amazing just happened to me today, my friend i thought i would never see again just added me up on Facebook and he's actually doing fine, got a few jobs and started to clean up his act after he got in trouble back in 2009 for theft. It was good seeing him again and i told him we should see each other and catch up sometimes. Other than that, man i'm just glad that he made it out of Georgia ok, he says he's in Ohio now with his dad and girlfriend.

As far as my nose, im still doing everything i can to keep it from doing that thing during the dry season, might be worse in the winter, idk. But, we will have to see once the next season comes around. I also got slotted for a job working for my school, i have until the 30th of this month to sign up, man its feels good to know people.