NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Detox for Shocks

BigPete247

Day 19:

Yep, school just got thrown in the unsure pile, two of my classes decided to do group projects in order to encourage teamwork and focus on earning a group grade, this way the professor(s) don't have to grade as heavily on individual assignments. It's fun when some people don't really like to work or make plans, guess i'll just try to make the best of it. XD. Srry i kept this short.

I'm grateful for the hard work and not procrastinating (again)

Edited by BigPete247

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 20:

Today was kind of productive as my group that was supposed to meet me in the library decided not to come i guess, probably due to the fact that my phone was still off. Well, i was able to make some headway with school today as i finally get paid this week. Art supplies here i come.  As far as the work-study job goes im still on the lookout for a sign up sheet, i guess ill have to wait until they get the freshman students enrolled then they are going to work on upperclassmen.

I'm still working on sketching the street racing cars as im currently working on the third one. I uploaded the first two online on my DeviantArt page. I just need to find the time to do them.

I'm grateful for getting up this morning and finishing my homework.

Day 21:

Nearly there, almost about to beat the 30 day mark, i'm glad i have you all to help motivate me through this. So here was my day, School was hectic today as i finally gained some common ground with my group mates on the Equiano Oladlah paper/summary. They had some minor problems as some students were missing thier groupmates or most didn't come to class, luckily my whole group showed up.

This one guy though just flaked out of doing the project leaving me and the girl in our group to do everything. See, i told you it was going to be fun. Afterwards, i went to the hospital to cauterize my nose to keep it from bleeding, the doc gave me some prescribed nasal spray and ointment under one condition, i don't scratch my nose anymore.

I'm grateful for hospitals and compromises.

You're having the toughest time with your project! I once had a college project where two of us were supposed to share a report on Peter the Great and each speak un front of the class. My partner didn't show up on the day of the speech and I had to give the entire speech. Luckily I'm a history buff! ?

Edited by Mettermrck

You're having the toughest time with your project! I once had a college project where two of us were supposed to share a report on Peter the Great and each speak un front of the class. My partner didn't show up on the day of the speech and I had to give the entire speech. Luckily I'm a history buff! ?

@Mettermrck  I like history but we eventually reached a compromise and finished most of the project, minus one guy, i had to type up everything which, tbh, i'm used to.

Day 22:

Checked out my art page as someone gave me feedback on my art and told me to work on my lines and stenciling more, which was great, i've gotten a little bit better with my drawings but i need better paper if i'm ever going to go digital one day. On a good note i officially finished the 5 car concept sketch series  finishing and submitting my last one today, along with a couple others. You all can check them out if you want, Here's my DeviantArt page: RL93

It feels good to pay bills again, just need to remember to put away a few dollars for emergencies as i'm not falling into that gaming trap again.  I finally understand what you guys were saying when you can feel guilty for playing if you know you were supposed to be doing something important, like keeping the lights on in your house or putting gas in your car.

I've learned a lot from my experiences writing this journal and until i feel like touching a game again( hopefully when i grow old), i'm going to keep on improving myself until i forget what made me feel the way i did when i first signed up on this forum. My dream is to actually get into a place of my own and start traveling to places i haven't been to yet. Maybe work. Maybe date. Just depends on how i feel, i'm a very emotional person but i'm also conserved. Might explain my life. I know it's a lot but i had to get this off my chest.

I'm grateful for opening up and going to school

Edited by BigPete247

Day 23:

I got the work-study job, just need to fill out my contract and ill be on my way to working for the Student Activites Center! I'll also be leaving to go to a football game at my school in a few or more hours, something i haven't done since i sat on my butt, played 7 Days to Die and didn't give a frosted flipper about going out or socializing, so i'll be brave and give it a try and show that i like sports, *deeeep inhale/exhale* here i go!

Keep forgetting this, I'm grateful for outside activites and encouraging people.

Edited by BigPete247

Day 24:

Well i had to skip church this morning, my nose bled again but not as much while my grandmother started crying about her arthritic leg being swollen, so i gave her an ice pack and used my pops recliner to help elevate her leg for better circulation. I turned to her favorite show on the Inspiration channel and haven't hear a sound out of her yet, either she might be sleep or is enjoying the show a little.

Tbh, i started getting less irritated with her since i quit because i was rushing for no reason to go back to playing video games. I even embarrassed myself online because she kept calling me through intense gaming sessions, which in hindsight, i should've practiced moderation to tend to her needs. But, all that is over now so there's no worrying about it, just got to do what i need to do as a man and skip the complaints for now.

Talked with a guy online about how i can improve on my art saying that i need to get a graphing sketchbook to work on my shading and sharpen my pencils more. He even gave me a few articles on shading and coloring aspects using colored pencils, it was very helpful. Thanks Vlad, Mettermrck, Zala and Daniel for your support.

I'm grateful for staying attentive and actually learning first aid.

Day 24:

Tbh, i started getting less irritated with her since i quit because i was rushing for no reason to go back to playing video games.

That's very good! I have experienced a similar effect, I became calmer and easier on people, because my cravings stopped eating at me.

Day 25:

@Vlad Now what i would do in that situation now is to imagine being in an Honor student's shoes

Yep, art sites picking up steadily now, already gained notoriety from a few groups but won't be able to sell my art until i actually work on it. Nothing much happened this labor day, other than finishing up the Literature group's 5 page paper together for tommorow. Anyway, Some were able to even invite me to other sites like Discord to display my art publicly. All in all i had a very productive day. So, here's a little present for you guys.

Naruto.jpg

Day 26:

Ok, i need to work on my social skills a little more, the aggressiveness has got to go. I guess it might be related to high blood pressure due to constantly thinking 'angry' thoughts, not trying to be subjective. But, in truth i need my music, that's what's gotten me through high school, the military, even graduating college. The stimulation really helps to express my thoughts in a more calm manner and keeps me level headed.

Other than that, had a good day in school as i got with my group mates one last time to go over anything we missed. Our professor extended the due date to Thursday after a long speech about how to take a 300 level class. So many people slipped up that it wasn't even funny anymore, seriously. The good thing is i was able to keep my head up and keep doing what im supposed to do.

I'm grateful for the easy day today and music, plenty of music.

Day 26:

Ok, i need to work on my social skills a little more, the aggressiveness has got to go. I guess it might be related to high blood pressure due to constantly thinking 'angry' thoughts, not trying to be subjective.

Once you've worked out how to do this LittlePete, let me know! I still haven't figured it out and it is the source of a lot of frustration.

Day 27:

@giblets  I think i figured it out, how about music injection?

Today was still productive on account of a heavy rain from the tropical hurricane, i finalize my contract for the work study tomorrow and they school will have me working for the Student Activities Director making nearly $600 a month starting tommorow. It might just be enough to finally get my car out of the yard and back on the road. I recently took a quick break from drawing to catch up with my schoolwork... so far here are my grades for my classes:

Afri-American Lit: 77% C

Abnormal Psychology: 95% A

So, somebody is looking after me. I think i still feel @Mettermrck's journal making it's way in my brain influencing my thoughts. xD

I'm grateful for Collapsing by Demon Hunter and working for a change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qTzjBAeTCQ

Day 28:

Just submitted more art today, not as good as the last one's but they were quick drawings nonetheless. Went to a convocation at my school introducing our new president, there were so many people that were on pins and needles wanting to get out of there, they were blocking people from leaving after the awards ceremony i died laughing. So, as far as assignments go i submitted a few relating to doing another group project this time in my psychology class, at least they communicated with me as we worked out who was doing what.

An old gamer buddy of mine called me today, and he started talking about how good Destiny 2 and ARK are on PlayStation 4. I didn't know how to break it to him, but i sucked it up and told him that i wasn't gaming anymore. He asked me why and i told him that i just didn't like the way people were treating me in the community. But he interjects and says i was playing with people who didn't want anything to do with me because i was surrounding myself with aholes. So, long story short, i was becoming a troll and i didn't even know it.  At least he understood instead of giving me 100 reasons to play again. Glad i made the right choice.

I'm grateful for reasoning and having a decent sense of humor.

Edited by BigPete247

Day 29:

Gonna keep this short, due to the hurricane hitting the southeast coast soon, they are going to cancel school for a whole three days starting on monday. Other than that, i went to pick up some things from the store and i came home today.

I'm grateful for my saftey and working out a budget.