NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Hey everybody!

BigPete here, I'm new to the forums and i made a decision to quit gaming completely after i let it nearly ruin my life in getting into a relationship, forcing me off track from starting college in my sophomore year (high school), and making my parents obsess over my gaming addiction for so long. when i was in my late teens, i didn't really have a plan after i got out of high school, i just figured that i could sit at my parents house and play Call of Duty all day, wrong move. My pops basically gave me two choices, join the military or get a job (which was hard at the time because of the recession of 2009). So i picked the military after a heated conversation with my dad, i left for the military frustrated about not getting to do what i want. After a while in the military i was feeling homesick and i was discharged (honorably) from South Korea in 2013 with over 30+ games stockpiled in my carry-on bag. (Call of Duty, Ghost Recon, you name it).

At that point I felt bad...really bad, because i didn't exercise when i needed to, played more games, and became depressed after i gave up my military career because of my addiction. Back then, i didn't change. Now, being in my 20s going back to college pursuing my bachelor's degree in Psychology, it took me a while to make this decision to finally quit gaming after i realized 'hey i'm going back to college,this is wasting my life'. So, after watching Cam's how to videos, here i am now. I'm srry this is long but i had to be honest and put myself out there as part of the Game Quitter army, thanks, and good luck to you all.

Edited by BigPete247

Welcome to the forums, Big Pete! ?

Thx for the comment, Mettermrck, i went ahead and put my journal on the forums. Since i deleted my Steam account and sold my PS4 from Wed, i hope to stop my gaming enthusiasm for good . Here's a little info about me:

Malcolm / 24 / Loves chess

Edited by BigPete247

Welcome @BigPete247! I bet you're actually small ;)

thx, hahaha, 5'6 @ 181, not that small, honestly doing a personal HITT workout at a MuvFitness gym got me back on track toward actually losing the "gamer's weight suit" after the military. I was originally 192 lbs and cared little about excercising but kept my eating down to a minimum when I was in Korea. My NCOs made sure of that but it wasn't enough to pass my running test, unfortunately.

Edited by BigPete247