NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

3rd attempt - Zeeko

Zeeko

So true, Zeeko, your right about being forced to play, it's a nasty feeling but yet can be supplemented with a hobby. Like me, i'm thinking of playing Solitaire with the deck of cards i never put to use when i was deployed. Just a suggestion, continue the fight!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day #11

Really tired so will keep this one brief.

Played no games and feeling a little better, on the mend now finally.

Trying to force myself to finish up some work for my workplace which I leave on Wednesday but have no motivation to do so...

Need to start doing gym... tomorrow's daily task to find one.

Thanks guys

Day #12

Spent the day watching a long documentary with the folks.

Got a long couple of days tomorrow with work and after Wednesday I'll feel like I found a new leash in life.

Found a gym today, now I just need to work up the nerve to go there, need some new equipment and a workout plan.

Overall, going good!

Day #13

Thought I would wait in the morning for this post because doing this while tired was getting difficult consistently xD

I had a good day, was my second final day of work. I do really see now that boredom or lack of things to do is the killer. Its imperative to fill your day up with things to do otherwise you will be very likely to relapse. And, you just put up as many barriers as you can in to help you overcome the urge to go back.

My urge to play world of warcraft creeped back on me, you see that whole other virtual world where you can easily it with real life and plead yourself to go back.

But it always ends the same.

Few weeks playing I then go "what the fuck did I just do?" You have nothing to show for it. Zilch. And the opportunity cost continuously builds. I can lose anymore precious time and thats why this journal is so important.

Thanks guys

Day #13

Thought I would wait in the morning for this post because doing this while tired was getting difficult consistently xD

I had a good day, was my second final day of work. I do really see now that boredom or lack of things to do is the killer. Its imperative to fill your day up with things to do otherwise you will be very likely to relapse. And, you just put up as many barriers as you can in to help you overcome the urge to go back.

My urge to play world of warcraft creeped back on me, you see that whole other virtual world where you can easily it with real life and plead yourself to go back.

But it always ends the same.

Few weeks playing I then go "what the fuck did I just do?" You have nothing to show for it. Zilch. And the opportunity cost continuously builds. I can lose anymore precious time and thats why this journal is so important.

Thanks guys

Glad you resisted Zeeko, just focus on your hobbies it'll help in the long run.

Alrighty day #14

Finished the last day on the job yesterday and very happy I am temporarily free!

Nows the time to start making all the preparations for Sydney!

So many things to do now, and thats great for keeping myself away from games.

Once I do arrive in Sydney, i'll have no facility to play games and will be engrossed in the next chapter of my life.

So just need to hold out until then, I know I can do it. I still feel urges once and a while but Im keeping them in check.

Thanks for all of the support thus far :))

Cheers :D

Day #15

Okay, today I had a doctors appointment and he gave me an all clear.

Now the real test begins, I've got not outstanding obligations except preparing for Sydney.

That means I must come up with my own activities.

So now I have to fill up my time with things that I previously did with games.

I can feel the edge, trying to tempt me to fall over.

But I just keep reminding myself I know where it leads. I've done the circle again, and again, and again.

Will see how it goes

Thanks all :)

When are you moving, Zeeko? A new life awaits you! ?

I shall be moving on the 23rd next month :)

Day #16

Man, I literally lied in bed all day. Didn't play any games but the sudden void has splashed over me with force.

When you watch videos, you slowly but surely watch some people playing games, I did that for a bit. More a reflex than active choice.

Im not going to be too hard on myself though, it was a big turn yesterday. And in the end I didnt install and play anything (inconvenience for the win).

Going to do some prep work for Sydney... slowly but surely introduce other things to do. Its by no means going to get easier overnight but its simply a waiting game.

Getting there, rough start, but lets keep going !

Cheers

When are you moving, Zeeko? A new life awaits you! ?

I shall be moving on the 23rd next month :)

Day #16

Man, I literally lied in bed all day. Didn't play any games but the sudden void has splashed over me with force.

Im not going to be too hard on myself though, it was a big turn yesterday. And in the end I didnt install and play anything (inconvenience for the win).

Going to do some prep work for Sydney... slowly but surely introduce other things to do. Its by no means going to get easier overnight but its simply a waiting game.

It's totally natural, you're doing fine.

Day #17

Thanks for all the support guys.

Yesterday was slightly better. I managed to start inserting some activities I would've never usually done when I was bored.

Its so important to take a relaxed approach with yourself. The last two times I attempted this, I was hard on myself and thought "well that didnt go the way I wanted so I failed).

Yet, failure is important as we all know, as long as you learn. So my lesson is patience and kindness towards ones self.

I saw a couple of motivational videos and thought of my end goal for my career and thought about what I could be doing now to help it. So I am easing myself into more studying for skills that I'll need for my job next month. 

I realise that its easy to stay off games when youre busy, but staying them off when you arent is more important for its when we are vulnerable.

Lets keep at it :)

Thanks all

Let me know when you're settled here in Sydney and we will organise a meetup!

Yeah man for sure!

Day #18

Keeping it a small post today because nothing much to report. Just following this:

One day at a time, one moment at a time. That's how I battle...otherwise, contemplating too far ahead would overwhelm me.

Going well, going good and keeping myself busy. I havent joined the gym yet because I am getting colds and shit all the time and its frustrating at hell :P

But ah well, onwards and upwards.

Thanks guys :)