NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

90 Days Detox

Daniel

Day 1/90

Last night I tried sleeping a bit earlier than usual at around 12AM. It wasn't too hard as I wasn't getting enough sleep during the past week. I was sleeping at around 2-3am and waking up at around 8-9am. For some people 6 hours is enough but I usually require 7-9 hours of sleeping.

Before I went to sleep I made a To-Do list of some things that I needed to get done. My aunt asked me for a favor which required me to wake up at 6:00AM. After coming back to my room, the bed seemed to tempting but decided to do some journaling instead.

I thought about the neglected areas of my life and one of them is my studies. I am/was enrolled in a online university from which I have dropped out. It was an excellent opportunity which I have wasted.

I will now proceed to put some filters and get rid of the gaming accounts.

I remember that during the past detox I seemed so confident on achieving the 90 days.

My end goal for this detox is at January 23, 2018.

Day 0/90

I haven't been able to properly start the detox. I feel tired of going one step forward and two steps backwards. I have finally asked for my gaming account to be deleted.

I think to myself, I just need to be strong for a day.

semc.thumb.jpg.ec883bae132ddd1ddbbd00109

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

Day #1/90

Yesterday I felt sad, once I stopped the addiction I realized how much I am wasting my life. My diet is pretty bad as well, and I haven't visited a gym in the past 3 weeks. I also keep thinking about my past relationship and my current one feels I am careless with her.

For some reason my posts in english lack feelings, they are almost tasteless. I will be checking in the forums twice a day during the following week.

Relationships are built each day and that's something I'm currently discovering as well. There's been times I felt things were on a downward spiral I had no control over, and nothing farther from the actual reality. If you're having a bad sensation be mindful about the relationship (as you currently are) and focus on the now. If you think it's worth it, you have all the right to feel otherwise.

I see nothing wrong with your English... 

...but you can always write in Spanish as well :ph34r: We need stories to get the spanish community rolling (but I won't drag you to it at gunpoint :P)

Yet.

Day #2/90

If it wasn´t for the fact that just a couple of days ago I set up filters and deleted game accounts I would be gaming.

Setting up for success in advance, predict and prevent. Never fails ;)

Don't get discouraged, getting back on track is a pain in the ass, but you can do it. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<Dream>

Today I dreamt about a bodybuilder who is addicted to cocaine. There was a group of people supporting him, and we all knew he was struggling. We were going on a trip and the bodybuilder couldn't take it anymore and ran off. We were dissapointed but decided to keep the journey. We were traveling by bus and arrived some sort of military bootcamp. This could really had helped the bodybuilder. "It could help anyone" said someone else, while looking at me. I realized that it would beneficial for me to start a detox.

<Dream/>

• Like 1

Day #1

Game Detox plan is as follows.

Two check ins during the first 21 days, once in the morning, once in the evening.

One check in during days 21 to 50.

Two check ins during days 50 to 71.

One check during days 72 to 90.

Weekly meetings at C.G.G.A.

Let's go.

• Like 1

Day #3

First check in. I feel guilt due to not waking up early. But I will resolve this issue. So in the meantime this is what I need to achieve:

-Improve schedule (wake up early, sleep early).

-Add a format to my posts.

-Incorporate physical exercise.

Second check in. Still clean. Felt a light craving after gym and dinner, I thought of laying on bed and "relaxing" Bed and smartphone is always a bad idea so I went ahead and had a shower.

Edited by Daniel
second check in
  • Like 1

Day #5

Still clean. The CGAA meetings have members with several years of abstinence. I noticed a trend, most of them suffered from several addictions, they call them their "primary addiction" and their "secondary addiction".

It was interesting to see the variety on the age demographics. Perhaps the meetings fulfill the "social" need some got out of video games. But I would say that listening to other people struggling with the same problem proves to be helpful.

Second check in: All good. Still clean.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1