NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

90 Days Detox

Daniel

Day #20

Today I logged on my gaming accounts to take pictures and change passwords. I felt some kind of rush by just doing this. Later in the afternoon when I was tired, there was this voice "just a quick one, for the old times" "let see what have they updated/changed". The voice didn't last long. Watching the pictures of the game made me have mixed feelings.

This serves as a warning and advice. It's better to get rid of gaming accounts before the detox than during the detox.

There was this weird feeling while writing my accounts info. Emotionally I felt I accomplished things "look at those characters and skins I unlocked in the past, oh my favorite is there, he/she was a loyal companion".
But logically I thought to myself what a waste of time, and the saddest thing is that a lot of people is still wasting time in these apps/games.

If you can play videogames in moderation and live a balanced life that's great. But some people like me can't do that. That's why I am here. That's why I will continue this Detox.

Edited by Daniel

I will just sell them for cheap, if it takes too long I will just delete them. In my past detox I simply deleted them at Day #1 which felt a lot more easy due to that initial strength in the detox.

Adapted from another forum:

Just remember that every time you relapse, it's a choice. No matter how much control you think the addiction has over you, it still comes down to a choice. You literally don't have to play videogames ever again. If that's what you truly want, then you have the ability inside you to change your life. Just be aware though, the reasons you haven't quit yet DO exist. Maybe you use videogames because you're lonely, anxious, stressed... Hell, maybe it just feels good to you! Just remember that you are using videogames as an escape from reality. So as long as you're living in a reality that you want to escape from, you'll always just come back to videogames.

Quitting is 100% possible. You know this. Perhaps you feel like a piece of shit right now. Perhaps you've failed so many times you think that quitting is impossible. It's not. People quit for good all the time. You can be next. Find your inspiration, get educated, take massive action. Go and change your life. You have the power.

How about a nuclear option for 2160 hours?

You could download the free games and Cold Turkey the .exes until 2100 for MAXIMUM EVIL :ph34r:

There was also a letter I can't completely recall "I'm losing my left flank, my center is weak, the moment is excellent for me to attack!"

Attributed to Ferdinand Foch, WWI general and one of those merry butchers of the 20th century, along with other figures like "I secretly hate Russians" Zhukov. You surely checked after writing but seriously I can't believe @Mettermrck didn't say anything. The shame...!

Adapted from another forum:

"Please don't sue us N*F**!"

Congratulations on day 20 Daniel! Woo!

Day #21

Today in the morning I accessed the game accounts for the last time in order to setup any possible sale. The craving was there just like yesterday but it was easily controlled. I felt like an outsider. For a moment I thought about spreading the gamequitters message at the gaming plataforms but I thought to myself the following quote:
"you can only help those who are willing to help themselves" so if anyone is looking for help and are ready to receive it, they will find their way here.

Next month I am starting a public speaking workshop, I feel really great about it. I was 20 when I saw an actually great public speaker. At 22 I read a bit about Dale Carnegie's work and just now, 7 years later I will be fully immersed in this discipline. Thanks to the power of gamequitters.

*Edit: I am also finally getting my diet in order. Apparently I was underrating way too much, (I felt hungry all the time and was having headaches. I am now trying to feed about 1800kcal for fatloss.

Edited by Daniel

I like the public speaking workshop, Daniel. I did a lot of public speaking in school and I always enjoyed it. I'm hoping my weight loss helps with my self-confidence and gives me opportunities to get into it again. 1800 cal is pretty close to my daily target too....

Day #22

Today I woke up later than usual, at 7am. I noticed that I can manage to get up at 5am but it seems I have trouble getting anything done from 5 to 6:30am. I noticed 1800kcal is higher than I need, I should be at 1400 or 1600 kcal on non weight-training days. My cousin sent me the online promo of my workshop and asked if that was me. I felt excited that this is actually happening however I felt guilty confessing it's a free workshop. I feel confident that it's the right choice, it's my first workshop. After I successfully complete it, I will be confident either charging for future workshops or setting up a Toastmasters with additional fees for me.

For a moment I thought of going to a reading club but I hesitated. Then I thought of grabbing a beer but that's a no. I feel a bit without direction so that's what I will do, plan for the following days and things that need to get done.

Day #23

This was a weird day. I feel old. I had about 6 beers and 3 smokes at a party. Slept at 3am. Conclusion: Not worth it. It simply is not worth it anymore. In Mexico is a cultural and social activity to get wasted on weekends or during birthdays. I am pretty sure successful people either avoid those parties or just show up for the first hour and then leave.

In the future I will simply avoid putting myself in this situations. I either go to the party for a short time, to have 1 or 2 beers or not go at all. On smoking I felt the only benefit is as a conversation starter with the opposite sex but even so...

Day #23

This was a weird day. I feel old. I had about 6 beers and 3 smokes at a party. Slept at 3am. Conclusion: Not worth it. It simply is not worth it anymore. In Mexico is a cultural and social activity to get wasted on weekends or during birthdays. I am pretty sure successful people either avoid those parties or just show up for the first hour and then leave.

In the future I will simply avoid putting myself in this situations. I either go to the party for a short time, to have 1 or 2 beers or not go at all. On smoking I felt the only benefit is as a conversation starter with the opposite sex but even so...

I think it's universal anywhere in the world, well maybe apart from countries where drinking is illegal. Getting wrecked on weekends is what people do religiously when they don't have tough enough goals and just drift through life.

I like your strategy, it's totally fine. Another option is to drink something non-alcoholic. No one can tell if it's water/apple juice or hard liquor you're drinking. I was bored dumb when I stopped drinking at nightclubs. Being sober around drunks and with so-so music playing felt old, but with beautiful ladies involved it was still tolerable. As for smoking, the ban on indoors smoking in Russia made the social aspect redundant. Compliments and basic social questions are also good conversation starters. Thank God that cocaine or anything of that nature is not considered a fool-proof icebreaker in your nightlife scene xD.

I know what you mean. 

Its the same here in Poland, you HAVE to drink, if not, then everyone considers you a pussy. I quit drinkink a few years ago, and dont go to parties. Cant find people that are similar to me. Im becoming that wierd man living near the forest lol :D

Thank God that cocaine or anything of that nature is not considered a fool-proof icebreaker in your nightlife scene xD.

Dancing to hardbass should be a conversation-starter everywhere.

I quit drinkink in Poland

R e s p e c t, o kurwa! :o I have countless stories of friends going to Poland/Central Europe and bringing back boxes full of cheap vodka back in the good old days. A lesser known fact of spaniards is we love hoarding cheap stuff even if we don't have a short-term purpose for it (it was a lot of vodka, believe me. A lot.)

Day #24

Had some issues with my g/f which were solved. During some moments I honestly thought of breaking up with her in the future. I remember that yesterday during the party I told my cousin than women talk way too much. Sometimes it is very hard to keep listening.

Day #25

Things were patched up pretty good with my g/f I guess she simply needed my attention and support. I am pretty pissed of at myself for wasting my weekend like this, now my desk is a mess (if your desk is always a mess I recommend reading Making time work hard for you Harold T. Taylor)and I didn't get anything done about my closet which is in terrible condition. 
Managed to get one gaming account sold. The other account is gonna be harder to sell so I just went ahead and deleted it. 

@Mettermrck My cousing celebrated  his bday at saturday and her g/f celebrated for sunday. They decided to celebrate together Saturday evening. There were two old friends (which I barely see anymore). There rest of them I don't consider friends but more like people I see at parties. This is due to my cousin usually inviting me to hang out with them. 

@dahankus What would you consider similar to you? When I was about 22 I quit drinking for about 2 years. That's why nowadays I have a low alcohol tolerance compared to most people (I would say I have a normal tolerance but must people develop a super heavy tolerance due to excessive drinking).

@Hitaru When I was younger I like that style along with melbourne shuffle, electroflogger and all that. Nowdays I prefer Deep House and Electrochill.

Edited by Daniel

By similar i mean, they dont take life seriusly, to enjoy everything for what it is. To love peace and quiet, honesty and respect above money. But this kind of warm people are very very very sarece around this parts. Here, the gods are money, sex and status. Because of my strange point of view, people dont like me, my life seems boring to them, and thats ok. I like myself, and i try to better myself, little by little.

Edited by dahankus

By similar i mean, they dont take life seriusly, to enjoy everything for what it is. To love peace and quiet, honesty and respect above money. But this kind of warm people are very very very sarece around this parts. Here, the gods are money, sex and status. Because of my strange point of view, people dont like me, my life seems boring to them, and thats ok. I like myself, and i try to better myself, little by little.

It happens in "these parts" as well where I live, it's a global thing, sadly. Good thing there are people like you who stay true to themselves. 

Day #26

Today was not a great day. I missed my cardio workout in the morning. Last night I slept late at the laptop while messing around with Spotify. I ended up in bed at around 12am.

Sleeping late = Risk factor. It could have easily ended up in a relapse.

I have started sorting out my clothes. I wasted a lot of time mindlessly browsing on my phone. This is something that needs to get adressed.