NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Word related game(ie. Scrabble, etc.)

Stevec2283

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were regarding mentally engaging games such as Scrabble and other word related games online, are they video games or not? 

To me, it's something to get you thinking, but with that being said it can also be addicting. So I don't know if I should play them or not.

I have also spent time thinking about this, and I put it in my "tables are flipped" bucket.

For actual board games like scrabble, you play them to be social.

For when you're playing online with randoms, you're being social to play them.

Therefore I think it's just an avenue to play games.

• 5 years later...
On 7/29/2017 at 11:50 PM, Stevec2283 said:

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were regarding mentally engaging games such as Scrabble and other word related games online, are they video games or not? 

To me, it's something to get you thinking, but with that being said it can also be addicting. So I don't know if I should play them or not.

Sorry for replying in an archive post, but that's really interesting - as for me, word games like Wordle Duotrigordle Nerdle etc should not be considered an ordinary video game. It's different.

On 8/30/2022 at 1:48 PM, Ahanna_Jagger said:

Sorry for replying in an archive post, but that's really interesting - as for me, word games like Wordle Duotrigordle Nerdle or Phrazle https://phrazle.org/ etc should not be considered an ordinary video game. It's different.

Also, this kind of games can be treated as (some kind of) brain training, so it's not just an addiction, it can be useful as well

phrazle-ogimage.png

Edited by Ahanna_Jagger