NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Vlad's Journal

Vlad

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 42-43 (Saturday+Sunday 09/02-09/03)

The weekends went by in a flash. New office basic set up and major work tasks with strict deadlines. Clients would be pissing themselves with boiling water if I decide to just chill out and take a break.

Day 44 (Monday 09/04)

An intense but manageable day. It's nice having a rather good helper in my fastest growing branch, the one with the new office. Got pretty much work done. Still a lot to complete till the sun comes up. We watched Nightcrawler with my girlfriend, it's a little weird but I admire the protagonist antihero in a way. I might be a little crazy in similar ways xD.

Yeah, now the good part: on Day 34 I wrote about reaching 500 clients - after we complete internal accounting, it's very likely that I may have hit that number already in the past couple of days :D:D:D.

I'm interviewing new candidates this week. I'll hire one by Friday and then two more. i'll get my infrastructure set up and then will make and advertising effort - then we'll go hard for real. It's bad that as of now I can't or don't source a talent to simply tell him/her: "Hey, you. Get the operations set up right now! We're growing in an explosive manner tomorrow." And to expect that it would work. I might have that person in training though. Nothing huge was ever was built without massive delegation, and I'm focused on developing that skill in me.

Edited by Vlad

Days 45-49 (Tuesday-Saturday 09/05-09/09)

Have been working pretty much all the time.

1. I have reached my 1st client base milestone - 500+. Next: 1k+ clients
  2. I have reached my 2nd weight goal - 214 lbs. Next: 95 kgs / 209 lbs

It wasn't all rainbows and butterflies, I had to revise my strategic vision of the business model due to multiple bad external factors. Arguments are also ever-present. Good thing that I have rather reliable employees, though we are understaffed for now.

Edited by Vlad

• 2 weeks later...

Day 66 (Tuesday 09/26)

Dear Gamequitters,

I'm happy to update my status. Don't worry, although I've been missing I haven't betrayed our common goal. I've quit gaming for good four days before I wrote my first journal entry back in July. I've been working days and nights and I'm rather glad with the results. I've caught a cold, so now I have a little downtime to catch up. I haven't reached my milestones mentioned in my previous post yet, but I'm working on it.

Since I'm more present in the real world I'm getting thoughts of finding a wife and having kids (I'm 28 and got most things worked out). I'm probably very weird that way. I'm very comfortable financing and loving and investing time into a wife and many children but I'm absolutely terrified of being held by the balls legally, i.e. always being subject to a risk of getting my assets halved on a whim. I never was a truly monogamous man, I'm not proud of it, nor I say that it's ok, but it's just how I am. Calling quits on other women will kill my drive. What would I need money for? I don't care for anything fancy. I don't care for food, clothing, transportation or entertainment. I do care about healthcare though). I could more or less comfortably get by on very litlle money, I have such experience from my factory days. I'm really scared that when I settle down I will either become a very pale version of my current self like a neutered house cat or I will be my usual self but also will be a bad divorced weekend father. It's so twisted i my head. I think I would enjoy being a father and I would make a good one, but I scared shitless of signing myself into an exclusive sexual agreement for the rest of my life. Who would invent such a perversion?!

Sorry, I'm totally off topic. I guess games don't bother me anymore and don't want to jinx my enterprise, so I'm turning to things that worry me personally. What's your take on the subject?

Edited by Vlad

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Vlad, glad to hear you are doing ok. As far as this marriage deal goes ... In my opinion you are going too fast. I mean do you have a wife in mind already? Just start to date and give yourself enough time. Don't start a family for the sake of having family. Do it step by step. Find a person you can live with, spend time with on a daily basis. There really is no hurry. 28 old guy ... you have time.

• 4 weeks later...