NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Vlad's Journal

Vlad

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 32

Full work day, really tiring. Prepared and gave plenty assignments to my managers, started on the media plan, and creation of personnel reserve hiring procedures. Plus a few client requests.

Arrived at home and hit the pillow sleeping.

Day 33

A non-stop interview day. It went just the opposite of what I have expected. I have found three good candidates for document processing, but only one decent for secretary/phone-consulting work. I guess I became a little wiser to the labor market today. I always thought talking is way easier than being suoer attentive and responsible - good news, that there are plenty people that can compliment my temperament.

Anyways I promised my interviewees to come back with a decision tomorrow, so I'll go through with it and get my back office set up. I'll place the other two good candidates into reserve, I will also create a reserve vacancy for the secretary position. Tonight I'll post two more reserve vacancies, so to have a solid personnel base in case of emergency.

My current employee that has duties in my another line of business volunteers to continue working with me on the current project. I think I might raise her salary a bit and make her a reserve secretary for this line, in case my new secretary is sick or whatever.

I must also start looking for an evening secretary, so that she answers the phone 18.00-21.00, receives phone calls and checks evening correspondence. The other option is to shift my document-processing person's timetable to save on payroll. She will not answer the phone, but will receive and process correspondence. A third way is to get an unqualified worked just to act as a mailchimp.

I think it will become more clear in the morning if I sleep on this decision.

>> I think it will become more clear in the morning if I sleep on this decision.

I'm amazed you still have time or will to make lengthy log records on a day like this one.

Thank you! It helps me structure my thoughts and to cope with the turmoil.

Day 34 (1/n TBU)

I have just signed my 1st employee of the two. I have high hopes her. She starts on Friday, I need to arrange everything for her by then.

I'm stressed as fuck over prolonging my HQ lease agreement, it's crucial. Last night got some bad news about it, it's not 100% certain, but I need to make multiple alternative plans to be cool. It was a total sucker punch, but I'll manage, I guess that's what I always do.

How much are you paying a mailchimp? ? I'm guessing gaming isn't even registering on your radar these days. That's awesome!

It's in Moscow, so absolute figures are not very representative of the global pay range. My approach would be similar in any geography - I scan comparable outstanding offers, take the median and add 5-10% "wiggle room" above the median. Most offered positions have terrible descriptions, so mindfully structured and detailed vacancies (with structured and clear duties and responsibilities) help me not to pay much over the market rates.

Congrats on signing your first employee! I know that's a little relief for you. ?

Thank you, Bob!

Day 34 (3/n TBU)

I've just signed the 2nd one. :D

The bad news about the lease agreement were really tough. It was all agony and rage fom last night till now. I've got an update via telephoen, though it's not super hopeful, it gives an angle, an opportunity to grow. Now I feel raged and excited. We'll massacre (figuratively) the competition and leave them to rot in the sun, rain, snow, whatever the weather is like really.

Upcoming two-three months will be my time to step up and fight. It will be like a part of the book on Napoleon I've read a few years back. When he was a retired young general (also in this late twenties) called up to squash the riots. I will strategize, work out the tactics, load up on shot like crazy and fire till the streets are waist deep in blood and dead meat. Sorry for my violent take on competitve business, it's just the most effective frame of thinking for me.

It is my time for my second big dare. I've bet my life on succeeding in writing once, and I was victorious. I'm doing it again now. I will come up with the specific KPIs today and will publicly declare it. I'll post the same on all my social media (well, maybe apart from betting my life away not to seem overly dramatic). I am serious about the dare and I'm not backing down no matter what. I'm shaking and my eyes are tearful. I'm sorry for spilling it out on you, but you're the people I can be totally honest with.

The fire exit I'm leaving myself is that I may redirect my passion for creating value in this world is if the Government takes away all my l honestly-earned licenses (they are also linked to the lease agreement, Government is the lessor of the HQ premises) and makes it impossible to regain them at a new location and I do everything humaly possible to keep or recreate the current operations. I've got about 10 months to solve everything. So, we've now got an approximate deadline.

I will update you today again. I guess hiring a personal assistant and all the extra stuff I may need is a given now. Thank you fucking unvirese for burning the bridges for me and for pushing me to my perceivable limits. So, no its "Turn a ream into reality with a fuck you mentality" I guess. xDxDxD

Day 34 (4/5 TBU)

I've just came home and I don't have specific KPIs yet. I will do some research and get back with a realistic or slightly above realistic estimates of what success can look like. I must find legal and technical limitations ASAP. Tomorrow besides all else is going to be about structuring procedures and designing the workflow of the new business model, so that I'm in still in the legal field and have all the right papers, but am able to provide most convenient and flexible services to my clients nation-wide. 

I'm not sure of the details, but I know my strategy. It's amazing how the skills you acquire tend to flow through to other fields. Take marketing and hiring - those are exactly the things I will leverage to beat my competition in quality and speed of expansion.

So, my work plan:

1. Research the legal limitations
  2. Design user experience
  3. Call all neccessary authorities to get assurance that my understanding is correct
  4. Design work flow
  5. Contact and load my IT outsourcer if neccessary
  6. Put in writing instructions and duties for employees (also needed ASAP by Friday)
  7. Create a roll-out plan
  8. Start hiring
  9. Execute

I just realized you're posting 5x today. You're a beast. I might not be able to have 5 constructive responses though. ?

Good point, bro.) Sorry, it was a very tough day.

Wow, your burning up Vlad, quick chug this down!

xD I would, if I hadn't quit caffeine.

Day 34 (5/5 TBU)

1,000 Moscow inhabitants as regular clients seems like good round number, and fairly probably achievable by May 2018. I'll try my best and see how fast I can get to 500, maybe I'm underestimating myself. 8,000 is a magic number in my head, by beating that I will become the biggest in Moscow even surpassing the biggest governmental monster organizations. It's a bit of a pipe dream and it's a little scary as it might bring the wrong kind of attention.

Day 35

A busy day, mostly a grind but with its own insights. I now have a more structured view on the things I need to do soon. But still there's a lot of unknown territory to explore.

Tomorrow my new employees are coming in and I don't have everything prepared. That's a bummer, but I know what to load them with, so by keeping them busy and useful I can buy some time to finish the basics.

No gaming and I'm getting very close to my goal weight.

Day 35

Guys, my new minions are quite good and they get along very well so far, I think they may make a solid back office team. It's too early to tell, but they show promise. I actually liked training them today, because they catch on quickly and seem to be able to operate steadily.

I've come up with bigger plans. My game is mostly school and a little pre-school education. Since my organizations are licensed and accredited in Moscow, that's the area I must cover to my fullest capabilities. They will make me too big to be kicked around by the governmental authorities. I've decided to slice different formats and services marketing-wise. I've come up with seven segments. Among other more conventional ones, there is inclusive schooling. We don't have much experience with kids with health specialties and I tend to feel uncomfortable/sorry/sad around them. I don't teach kids personally, so that mustn't be an obstacle, plus that would be a very nice thing to properly organize.

This planned expansion has two main hard parts: scaling small offices or teaching locations and strong marketing. Damn, I feel bad even thinking about marketing to parents of kids with special needs. :o I am a bad person? I mean I want to make their lives better without charging them a penny, but still it feels kind of weird. Well, scaling can be solved with hourly or daily leases of appropriate class or lecture halls around the city and if necessary bringing the document processing office to the city center. And marketing just takes drive, some money and some practical knowledge. The organizational part will solve itself with new highly-skilled employees I can buy with the new additional revenue stream. I'll focus on the other segments I can understand better, but will return to this line of business in the future. I'm prioritizing based on the expected turnaround speed as I'm rather pressed for time.

I'm sorry for being constantly off topic, I know the forum is about not gaming. For me not gaming is about doing something else instead and my "something else" is growing a business. I'll do my best to follow through, I don't want to be all bark and no bite.

Thanks for support, bros.)

I'm glad your new employees are working out. You have great ambitious plans and I'm impressed. Removing gaming from your life has really lit a fire under you! ?

Very true. Quitting my gaming vice rid me of the opportunity to sublimate my desire for achievement.)