NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Vlad's Journal

Vlad

Sometimes you have to treat and reward yourself with something silly and "purposeless", nothing wrong with the car imo. A happy man inside makes an efficient businessman outside.

I honestly appreciate that you note completely average days too! That's were habit lies, even some lines is fine, the key is consistency.

That... sounded Russian as blyat. I'm not sure if you were born russian but I think it's sticking to you. B|

Thanks for the kind words, bro. I try to repay your support with honesty, consistency and support.

You can upgrade that phrase to a native speaker level:

So Russian, [shto pizdets]! That would translate: Russian as fuck xD. Those two short words together express an extermely superlative form of an adjective or an adverb. They can be linked to good, bad or neutral qualities or situations. Given its universal use it's obviously a swear phrase. xD

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 20

The ground is on fire today. I received a call from a super sweet employee of my partner. Besides the usual technical Q&A, she delicately told me that some clients are worried about not being systematically informed. Most likely I'm over exagerrating but in my mind it sounded like: WTF, man?! Step up already! So I've got my shit together and found a few small office spaces on offer. I'm going to check out a few business centers tomorrow. I wanted to do that today, but only managed to book the tours for tomorrow. I found a very nice office really close by, with a full glass wall and stuff, but it was already in negotiations. I got a little sad, but it was too pricey anyways. Tomorrow I'll see a few sure things and maybe negotiate a structured rent plan, so I can upgrade in September-October. I'm not promising that I'll have a new office running by the end of the week, by I'm so scared I might just pull that off. More realistically I'll have everything including employees more or less set up by the end of next week. It's really bugging me that I'll have to integrate a CRM-system for the first time. That would be truly a whole new level for me.

No gaming today, I guess I'm too stressed out to think about it. I'm off for a watermelon I've promised my girlfriend.

Sometimes you have to treat and reward yourself with something silly and "purposeless", nothing wrong with the car imo. A happy man inside makes an efficient businessman outside.

I honestly appreciate that you note completely average days too! That's were habit lies, even some lines is fine, the key is consistency.

That... sounded Russian as blyat. I'm not sure if you were born russian but I think it's sticking to you. B|

Thanks for the kind words, bro. I try to repay your support with honesty, consistency and support.

You can upgrade that phrase to a native speaker level:

So Russian, [shto pizdets]! That would translate: Russian as fuck xD. Those two short words together express an extermely superlative form of an adjective or an adverb. They can be linked to good, bad or neutral qualities or situations. Given its universal use it's obviously a swear phrase. xD

Hahahaha I DID try to use pizdet, but I didn't know the grammatical use aside from interjection, and I read somewhere incorrect use may sound offensive. Don't want to insult you by mistake trying to sound smart :P

That's pretty cool having a thick gold chain. I have not yet reached that level. ? 

Hmm, I was pretty sure this fashion died out in 90s...

"Hahahaha I DID try to use pizdet, but I didn't know the grammatical use aside from interjection, and I read somewhere incorrect use may sound offensive"

Incorrect usage of words or even gestures might be pretty bad. One should never ever ask for "two beers" with backwars "victory gesture" in Britain. =) Sorry, I am not sure how the gesture is actually called. Would be fine in Russia, since it's not widely known here.

Incorrect usage of words or even gestures might be pretty bad. One should never ever ask for "two beers" with backwars "victory gesture" in Britain. =) Sorry, I am not sure how the gesture is actually called. Would be fine in Russia, since it's not widely known here.

True, specially in Wales I think. The really insulting gesture (like, looking for a fight) is if you do it with sideways, with the back of the hand also showing forward. Gestures are a form of art.

Day 21

Picked the new additional office space I'm going to rent. I'm surprised about the range of services I can get at the business center, a definite plus. I will stick to business centers in the future. The amount of work I must get done soon is overwhelming. Next week I'll hire 1-2 new employees to train at the HQ, so they can move in on September, 1st.

On a different note, my cousin's son is getting shot gun married. It adds to my cautiousness about unplanned fatherhood.

Watched "The Founder" movie with my girlfriend, I found it super sentimental, really heart-warming. An awesome movie about a snake of a guy Ray Kroc, very inspirational. It also made me wonder again about how I should keep my mouth shut around my go-getter buddies, so I don't give them ideas about becoming my competition. As for co-owners, I done even with the thought of it since I have already fucked up badly with my previous business.

No games again)

True, specially in Wales I think. The really insulting gesture (like, looking for a fight) is if you do it with sideways, with the back of the hand also showing forward. Gestures are a form of art.

It's just a British historical throwback dating back to the Hundred Years War, it has no significance anywhere else. The fingers were shown to the French as a way of saying that the proud owner of the fingers can still shoot a bow at the French. The French weren't overly enthusiastic about that prospect and usually cut those fingers off of their British POWs.

Day 22

Woke up weighing 226lbs, the same weight I was at in January 2016. Spent the first half of the day chilling out with my girlfriend. Then finished a rather complex Excel template I need for business. Started integrating my IP telephony, CRM and Email automation. Procrastinated on writing hiring ads. The day wasn't very productive overall.

Day 23

Today was ok, but I felt tired and drowsy. After coming home from my girlfriend's house this morning I worked for two hours and fell asleep. I was lucky I was woken up by a call. I feel like folding under the pressure of the work that I must finish. It's 2 am and I'm sitting working on documents.

I'm so lucky that I've sold and given away all my gaming-related stuff, as I want to mentally check out. I find it curious that ever since my flight on a military jet I've never had an urge to play any action games. I guess I've set the real-life plank high enough, so that I don't think of action games as stimulating. This morning while driving home I wanted to play some strategy game where I can take over territories and exterminate rival empires. I guess my brain is trying to sublimate my need for business growth that requires hard work and is never linear or easily predictable with a simple point and click experience with an imaginery prizes that disappear once the game is switched off.

An idea keeps coming to my mind about how the media including myths, stories, movies and games mislead the audience. I mean there is a definite skew towards the set archetype of an inhumanly powerful loner taking the world on. While in real life big achievements always require putting together a team and leading it. I can see only two explanations of this skew: 1) either the target audience can relate to plotlines with a loner protagonist more easily (so the story sells better) 2) or it's purposeful conditioning of people, so they don't learn to form organized groups. Do you think it's the fromer or the latter? Or maybe you have a different explanation? I'd really love to know, because this thought really ruins movies for me.

Day 24

A usual working Sunday. I crave for the soon to be reality, where i can relax on weekends being certain that everything is going great with my business. Today I ran a few errands for clients, worked out well and finished a block of work on the documents.

I posted a few pictures from my last vacation in July on Instagram today and got an insight. Now I understand what good I can make of social media besides marketing. Regular posting is a great motivation to keep in shape and to schedule exciting leisure activities. And it's really a chain reaction, now to find time for fitness and cool activities I need to cut out movies and Youtube. To think of it now I have 18 days to quit shisha/waterpipe. And then I'll be almost a fucking monk. xDxDxD

Well, let's do it then, I'm determined. Obviously games are no part this new chapter in my life.

I posted a few pictures from my last vacation in July on Instagram today and got an insight. Now I understand what good I can make of social media besides marketing. Regular posting is a great motivation to keep in shape and to schedule exciting leisure activities.

Interesting, never thought of it this way. I guess that's the reason behind feeling strangely sad to see my empty Facebook feed... 9_9

And then I'll be almost a fucking monk. xDxDxD

I apologize if my post has offended someone. I respect different faiths and believes, and had no intention to disrespect anyone's religious affiliations. Just in case

Day 25

I'm exhausted today. My general direction is right, but the speed is lower than needed. My admin employee called in sick tonight, it might be 2-3 days of even harder multi-tasking, tough luck. The deal on the office lease is done, now I feel that I should have bargained more. The current arrangement is not that bad though, so I should just go ahead and get the ball rolling with the hiring process. I can't hold back, because if I stutter, I will create a bottleneck. All right then, I promise that by the end of tomorrow I will have two vacancies posted on job sites. The ads will have nice detailed descriptions with comprehensible KPIs.

I'm still cleaning up the document mess from the last operating cycle. I accept that I will never be the neat guy that handles routine repetitive paper work well. I simply don't have the wiring for that, so I have to hire people that do. I mean I have created templates, procedures, technology but I simply can't maintain all that. There it is, an epiphany! A confession in writing that I don't have nor will ever have an important skill. Now feel better, I understand that I'm cornered I simply have no other option but to hire new employees specifically for the paper work. I'm cautious of being robbed of my know-hows, but it's a managed risk. I will divide functions well enough, so all new admin workers simply can't put all the pieces together on their own. Plus competitive adavantage is rarely about ideas, but about execution. Even Facebook is Myspace done right.

So be it. You have my promise, let's see if I can keep my word.

Day 26 (1/2, TBU)

Today is fucking brutal, after my assistant called in sick I had a small line of new prospects waiting at the HQ this morning. I rushed right after getting up and got everything solved, but it took time, I'm currently working on the last client service request for the day and after that I'll get my main task for the day done. I'll set up an HR email account, sign up for three job search sites as na employer and will create and post two vacancies on each.

By the way I want to share a link to video that cured my panic attacks instantly. I guess it might be useful for people with the same problem. The free video is self-contained and it was all I needed to rid of panic attacks.
I got the first one in a fit of rage at my banking job, I didn't know what it was then and attributed it to sleep deprivation, abuse of caffeine and stress. I didn't have those for a while. Two years ago I got another one and they became somewhat recurrent. I still had no ideas what the hell it was. I even was afraid to drive as I fear I could pass out and crash, but I had no other choice, so I drove anyways. After a little research I found out about the nature of those feelings and they were gone for good. Hopefully this information will work for you as well as it did it for me.

Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_mFzOudxng&t=329s