NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Jess's Journal

albrechtjess

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 33 

Well today went pretty well. Everything fell into place. Got all my work done at the convention and here I am. I sort of ate a lot but whatever I suppose. I'll work on it tomorrow and tonight by not eating more rice or potato chips haha. Watched Rick and Morty which was fun, was a nice little escape but now it's over and I can't and don't feel like watching anymore. I need to work out some plans again and get back to respawning. 

- Jess 

Day 34 and 35

I spent all of my first day off more or less chatting with people and trying to get dates. It was really fun and I enjoyed it. I went out on a date tonight and it was fantastic. I really enjoyed it and am looking for more. I could have tried to figure some more things out but I didn't get around to it. I'll have to work on it in the morning :) Super tired but super happy haha off to bed I go. Definitely had some cravings for Zelda switch today, played some pokemon cards instead with my room mate which was fun :) Then got some errands and went swimming. Also had a good skateboard trip to the cards hop last night which was great. Very nostalgic as I used to have a card shop down the street from my house and would do the same thing then. 

- Jess 

Day 36

Today reminded me of why I want to find a different job. Work was extra frustrating and I need to find something else. I've been struggling to still apply for jobs because I've been holding out for a job I interviewed for. There's no guarantee that I got that job but I really do hope I get it as it'd be something a bit easier than a computer science job and sort of at the same entry level pay. I need to come up with a plan for the next month so I can get the fuck out of there. Goodnight -

Jess

Day 38

Welp got an application done but didn't get around to the 30 minutes of programming. I think I'll start with the programming tomorrow and then look for a job to apply for. Some things that worked was focusing on just getting one job application done and not worrying about others.Some things that didn't work were eating food to escape or feel better. Food does not make me feel better. It simply makes me sick and I need to get over that habit. The phone is also a bit of a distraction. Perhaps putting it away in the future can help with my focus. 

- Jess 

Day 39

I find the smartphone to be more distracting than gaming ever was. It's like it's glued to my hand.

Seriously, it's a struggle. 

Today was pretty easy going. didn't have too many expectations. Took a look at some javascript but didn't quite make it to 30 minutes. Will definitely get to 30 minutes tomorrow. Work went well. I did a good job with breakfast and lunch. Dinner got a little out of hand. I need to find a solution to not eating a lot at parties haha sometimes I Just get bored and eat a lot lol Definitely controlled my eating by just getting a set meal from a fast food place. It was the only thing I at that day so it was all good. I think I recognized I was bored eating and stopped though so I did okay for a bit :)

- Jess 

Edited by albrechtjess

Day 40

Today was strange. I played Halo at a tournament with my room mate and a lot of people I knew showed up. It was an awesome experience, I got 5th in the tournament and even got to meet quite a few people that make Halo. It was kind a wild ride of dream interactions and what not. After the tournament however I definitively had strong pulls to play games again at home. I resisted with food and rick and morty which the food was pretty unhealthy. I keep struggling with that. I did buy a lot of healthy food at costco yesterday to hopefully help me out with that so I'll be eating less unhealthy stuff. It's just rough when it's available freely and I'm stressed I tend to get out of control. I think in those moments I need to stop and breath. 

- Jess

Day 41

Most of the day wasn't great, I was stuffing my face and being lazy but I did start the day off well with some emails and such. I also got a short skate and swim session in which was great and then topped it off with a nice date which ran super late because of the fun we were having. Just need to track my progress a bit more. Think I want to pick up some books again. I really want to finish books I've started but never finished so I think I might start tracking my reading somehow. Maybe start tracking a lot of things on an excel sheet to visualize and turn them into scalable data. 

- Jess

Day 44

The last two days have been a bit of a mess. Well I didn't get the job I wanted unfortunately and work had been extra tough. Had a good turn around day today for a marketing event but dreading my return to the normal schedule. Super tired ? I've got to figure out a way out to make some better life changes. 

-Jess