NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

The Story of Corvus Albus

Corvus Albus

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you had some quality time with your friends, Corvus. Without the gaming, you learn to value those relationships more.

True. I really appreciate this relationships

There's no reason to tell other people about gaming if you're not confortable. Keep it up!

I will not tell anybody about it.

Day #21 - Relapse

Looks like the wall I built just ruined. I still want to write here about how I feel, because I am consistent about it. Couple of hours spent on video games. I felt much different than before. Like this time I can manage to moderate. Like it is all about me, not the addiction.

If you want to try one more time, try to beat the highest score. (21 days, is it right?)

My highest score is 45days and it's my second attempt. It's been 28 days.

Cam mentioned that it is recommended to do 90 days detox, if you're even considering gaming in moderation. It's up to you. You may find something more valuable during 90 days journey. I believe you'll figure out the right path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kGccq4pSDk 

Well, keep journaling about it and let us know how you do.

I surely will.

If you want to try one more time, try to beat the highest score. (21 days, is it right?)

My highest score is 45days and it's my second attempt. It's been 28 days.

Cam mentioned that it is recommended to do 90 days detox, if you're even considering gaming in moderation. It's up to you. You may find something more valuable during 90 days journey. I believe you'll figure out the right path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kGccq4pSDk 

I have to beat this score. I want to gain freedom from addiction.

Day #22 - Back To Old Habits

I did played for two hours on Sunday. Still I have some time with my friends. I see that I am not doing my duties as responsibly as I did during detox.

Do you really want to change? Ask yourself this question. Not what your brain wants. 

I feel the pain. The pain caused by wasted time. That's even worser than my physical pain. I feel that inside my head. Like bashing my head over a wall dozen times. The voice, he wants me to go back, to waste my life. I want a change. I want to be better version of myself. I want a freedom in my life. I am going to be responsible guy - not the one who is just a big failure. Past myself is gone - and it never comes back.

Are you sure that you're not wasting time?

Gaming has a way of taking over your time if you're not careful. Just be strong!

It already took it. But not anymore.

Do you really want to change? Ask yourself this question. Not what your brain wants.

Are you sure that you're not wasting time?

I want the change. My brain wants something else though. Well, screw the brain. I have my own priorities in life.

Day #23 - Wasted Day

I played again. For a couple of hours. That is it for me. I am moving forward. I am neglecting basic things to do and my daily activities. Not anymore. No more wasting time. No matter how hard it will be, I will manage to do it.

What are you going to do when there's craving next time? Is there any practical strategy to deal with it? If you already failed couple of times, you should make plan B because it means that your plan A doesn't work properly.

For me, using an app "Habitica" really helped me a lot not to waste my time. I could set up small goals, split tasks and chores, so that I could be more productive and focused. Just try this app couple of days and see if you get better :) 

What are you going to do when there's craving next time? Is there any practical strategy to deal with it? If you already failed couple of times, you should make plan B because it means that your plan A doesn't work properly.

For me, using an app "Habitica" really helped me a lot not to waste my time. I could set up small goals, split tasks and chores, so that I could be more productive and focused. Just try this app couple of days and see if you get better :) 

I will try it out and let you know if it works for me. Thanks for advice.

Glad you're recommitting yourself, Corvus. Like Tom says, think alternate activities. Cam's 60+ hobby guide is useful for this.

Looks like I have a lot to read about. Thanks for suggestion, Bob.

#Day 24 - I Should Do Something Else

I installed Steam today. And played some games on that device. Wasted about 5 hours on games. I should cut down on it. Maybe trying to play one card game, I mean one ranked game per day is a solution here?

Owww.. 5 hours... alright. I'm definitely sure 5 hours today and couple of hours yesterday are over the standard of gaming in moderation... Did you make account in Habitica? Did you set up some good habits there? Why don't you share some of yours?