NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Keeno Introduction

Hey guys I go by the nickname Keeno or Daniel. I'm 25 and I've been playing games since I was 3. In the beginning it wasn't as bad as my main hobby as a kid was sports, the only time I had to to play was when it was to late to stay outside. Once I hit 15-16 I was introduced to Xbox 360 but more importantly I was introduced to online. I was amazed by what I was experiencing, making friends on call of duty 3 and halo 3. Even though I was drawn to this I was still hanging out with friends and playing sports, but after awhile these friends were no longer interested in meeting up anymore and moved on. Because of this I pretty much used online gaming as my social interaction with others and from then till now it has been my only of making friends. The other reason I enjoyed this so much to was because of the competitive nature that gaming has and being a ex-sporty guys it filled another void in my, challenge and progression. This actually cause me to stop playing any sports or going to gym.

I've made plenty attempts at quitting games and talked to many people about it with answer like "you still have plenty of time to decide what you want to do with your life" and they were right, I do but almost 10 years with no answers because my mind was busy elsewhere with gaming I've finally decided enough is enough. At this point I've been feeling really down more and more trying to hype myself for the newest games ect, but I don't want to kid myself anymore. I've gone from being the guy that everyone can talk to to the guy that avoid eye contact or only talks when I'm being spoken to.

After walking past people in town tonight seeing everyone having a good time as I get on the bus knowing what I about to do the same thing I do everyday, I just snapped at myself haha. I've had enough of the person I have become and I want to be the person everyone can respect most importantly the person I can respect. I'm looking forward to this new journey and I look forward to sharing it with you guys and see yours.

Thanks

Welcome Keeno! Thank you for sharing your story with us! It seems like the tides of shifted and you are ready for some change! Welcome to the group and we hope we can support you on your new journey on respecting yourself and having others respect you.

You will achieve this goal! Keep at it! 

Welcome to the forums!
I had the same issue, I was very ambitious in sports but then stopped to do sports at all and instead was ambitious in gaming which led me nowhere. I'm switching things right now too and I can tell you it is totally worth it.

Writing down my emotions and thoughts made wonders for me. Wish you best of success with your Journal!

After walking past people in town tonight seeing everyone having a good time as I get on the bus knowing what I about to do the same thing I do everyday, I just snapped at myself haha. I've had enough of the person I have become and I want to be the person everyone can respect most importantly the person I can respect. I'm looking forward to this new journey and I look forward to sharing it with you guys and see yours.

I like how you have "go to" plan that you want to execute and who do you want to be. That's awesome. By this post I'm sure you get already much respect from others, thanks for sharing this, I hope you will achieve what you want fully, cheers!