NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Journal

Paulmack75

Dear Diary,

This is the beginning of my 90 day detox.  I am unsure how this is going to go but also excited and motivated to make a new beginning.  Games have kept me from doing what I should have been doing to have a successful life.  "Until one is committed there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness.  Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation) there is one elementary truth the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the  moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too.  All sorts of events occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred.  A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favour all manner of unforeseen incidents which no man could have dreampt would have come his way.  I have learned a deep respect for one of Goethe's couplets:  "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.  Begin it Now!  WH Murray

The first week is daunting, but by week 2 you will be seeing huge results, or at least your family will. My family noticed I started doing the dishes every day instead of heading straight to the PC after dinner which let them relax or do a different chore... it all starts somewhere!

Diary day 2,

Here I am at the beginning of day 2.  I have found that I did get a few passing urges to install a quick app and game for a bit but it did not stick around for long.  I also have to be aware of another addiction, namely movie watching which could take its place.  I definitely relate to #Cam Adair post on the three areas that video games fill up.  1. Relaxation 2 Social and 3 Mental.  I definitely have to start making some new social contacts.  I do attend church but most of these are old people 60+.  I will be looking at the meetup website to meet some new faces.

My other challenge right now is I am currently unemployed so finances are tight.  I need to find a bit of extra work to help with some money.

Well trust all my fellow gamequitters are doing well.

Peace & Love

Day 4,

Keeping away from the games.  Watching a fair bit of youtube but at least doing it with awareness ;)

Planning to begin a meditation practice 10 mins daily.  Good book to read: "Search Inside Yourself" by Chade Meng Tan from google.

Some cravings to play but have managed to keep moving forward without getting into too much of a struggle.

Awesome! Keep up the hardwork! 

Mindfulness will definitely help with the awareness piece. And great to hear you intentionally watch youtube. 

As for finances and or unemployement, is there certain actionable steps you can take to get employed and or increase finances? What prior attempts worked or didn't work? What type of job would you like? 

For the social, it sounds like you found something that could potentially work (www.meetup.com) to help with meeting new contacts. Awesome!