NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

May I reintroduce myself: tirEdOrange

Hey there everyone,

My name is tirEdOrange and I wanted to reintroduce myself:

I'm a 25 year old male living in germany. I've been hooked up on videogames badly during the last 7 years and they leave a very bitter taste in my life by now.

It all started out small during a time where I had a peak in my life and no worries whatsoever and insidiously crawled its way into my mind where it infected me. And now I have to fight my way out of this.

I'm actually a student but during the last 5 years I've accomplished nothing so far, even though the only way for me to keep progressing in life definitly is by studying something. My other goals besides from improving my education are to have a healthy, sporty lifestyle and a good looking body.

I aim to not just drift away from videogames with my participation in this forum but also change the way that I'm living right now.

I'm coping the most with depression, impulsive decisions and demotivation.

My addiction with videogames is so bad that I'm really going nowhere with my life and everything that I builded up until now is falling apart. There is no choice between keep playing or not, it's either succeed and have the chance to be happy in life or fail and be doomed to repeat this cycle.

Why the reintroduction? - I feel like I'm a different person now. I made a 90-Day Detox once but not correctly. Sadly, I wasn't able to comepletly focus on myself during that time and therefore just ended up not playing for 90 days and relapsed later on.

Hallo, welcome back! 

First and foremost, you're reintroduction means you haven't given up and that's what counts! You are really determined to overcome this and give it a try again! You are very resilient! :) 

You are a student? Me too! I struggle with depression and impulsiveness almost everyday. It's a daily struggle. Even being a student, this is especially difficult because it comes in the way of me being "productive" and accomplishing tasks I have to do. When you said, "everything I built is falling apart now" - this resonated with me so much. I have recently been feeling this with great intensity! That gaming addiction was destroying everything I worked so hard to build!

Just out of curiosity, What are you studying? How far along are you? 

Even being a student, this is especially difficult because it comes in the way of me being "productive" and accomplishing tasks I have to do.

I know right! It's like you have so much freedom as a student that you need to manage and this is your biggest strength and weakness at the same time. If you manage to handle all this freedom the right way then you get so much value out of this experience but if not then you end up in a hopeless place, making nothing out of your life.

Anyway, it will be all worth as long as we keep on I guess. Lost time bla bla, it's the experience and the change that counts. Thankfully there exists a place like this to support me :)

Just out of curiosity, What are you studying? How far along are you? 

I'm studying engineering with some economics and electronics/science subparts in it for 5 years and as said, I've accomplished nothing so far.