NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Signor Nessuno's journal

Signor Nessuno

I decided do write something sometimes in this journal. I quitted games more than a month ago but i've had some relapses so i started count detox days from 3 days ago, when i submitted the forum. I won't update my journal every day because days are all pretty the same, but i'll update the journal every 3-7 days or if something interesting will happen.

Day 3:- This week i kept training hard.

-I'm trying to sell some games to avoid temptation, but it's difficult because i'm asking a lot seeing that i want gain some money while getting rid of them.

-I'm still registered to Rockstar games mailing list so i received infos about the new Red Dead Redemption 2 (too much hype!) that will fall in 2018. It seems so cool, but i have to resist and not buy it.

Ciao, Nessuno! Sei proprio alcuno! (my Italian can be terrible, don't mind it if it's wrong haha)

Maybe only telling that the day was good can be useful. Like we're adviced here, we don't need to write a novel everyday. Well, if I can't write someday, no problem, too.

Ragazzo, cancel this subscription from Rockstar! Maybe even putting it on ignore in your email! That wouldn't hurt, because you can change it back after detox. But don't let this mess with you, live the detox experience completely!

Pienezza!

I eliminated all the subscriptions to mailing lists (rockstar, ubisoft, avtivision, ecc) and to youtube channels related to videogames.

Awesome! The smallest things can make you feel like you're making progress. Unsubscribing to things did that for me :)

Remember to sit with any urges that may come over you to start consuming content. Do something else or have a quick think and let it pass...

Day 5:-I decided to don't use youtube anymore: i noticed that even if i don't watch videogames videos i still waste a lot of time on it watching other trash on it. So now i'll use it only if i wanna download music or watch something educative.

-my brother didn't agree with me when i told him to sell consoles. However I didn't fell the need to play, mostly because afeter some considerations i reached the consciousness that play videogames is such a stupid thing: you do always the same actions without an end. Maybe gaming addiction isn't my first problem but i wanna still complete the 90 days challege and eventually stop playing forever to develop other useful skills, become tougher and, why not, also an example for others.

I think that these actions that involve other people must be very well thought... You don't want to remember the detox as the occasion in which you discussed with your brother. Maybe games aren't that harmful to everyone. And better: With your life, with your decisions and life improvement, you may cause in your brother impressions that leaving the games behind is a good path. Keep it up, live intensively, and good things are to come.

Good job with the unsubscriptions! It's a victory, and I'm happy that you've throw away this rock in your way.

Gaming is rarely the "only" problem. It's just the mask hiding underlying issues. That doesn't mean you'll be able to game in a healthy way (I can't), but quitting gaming alone won't solve your "problems." Stay focused on what matters most - living your life to the fullest. 

I think that these actions that involve other people must be very well thought... You don't want to remember the detox as the occasion in which you discussed with your brother. Maybe games aren't that harmful to everyone. And better: With your life, with your decisions and life improvement, you may cause in your brother impressions that leaving the games behind is a good path. Keep it up, live intensively, and good things are to come.

Good job with the unsubscriptions! It's a victory, and I'm happy that you've throw away this rock in your way.

my brother hasn't problems with gaming (he had some sort in the past, but now he can play responsibly) then he has friends, go to school etc. In the end i didn't sell the consoles but just few games. Trivia: i sold one of the game (a pegi 18 game) to a father that said that it is for his 8 years old son. if one day i'll be a father i don't know if i can keep my son away from gaming

Day 10:yesterday I talked to the friend that i mentioned in my presentation topic. I once said him to stop wasting his life playing videogames. So yesterday he said that in the last days he reflected on my words and even if he don't wanna stop playing videogames and he cannot even imagine 90 days without them he decided to try something new to improve his life. After this he invited me to play call of duty at his home. I didn't find an excuse to refuse so we played about two hours and half. I've never been a great player on CoD (i used to play it but it wasn't among my fovourite games) and maybe the last time i played it was last january, but i enjoyed it. When i played it yesterday it was still fun but not so much like when i was a true gamer and then that fleeting game experience gave me guilt. I don't know if i should restart the countdown after this relapse

Day 11: I decided to quit gamequitters. I still wanna go on with the "no gaming program" and keep doing what i started to do to change my pathetic life but i don't wanna keep track of my progress in the forum anymore. The reason is that writing things about my monotonous life makes me feel more depressed and i find this activity useless. 

My path to change my life is very difficult because even if i'm working hard to make it happens other people  don't care about me and still think that i'm a loser so i'm a foreign in my own shitty place. No one recognizes my efforts (differently from virtual world). Find motivation is really hard in real life and a forum or youtube cam's videos cannot help (even if i admire cam's work).

I'm sorry to hear that it makes you feel that way. Either way, think of it as a tool, it is here when you need it. However, don't let it make you feel stuck or bad about yourself. You aren't a loser, you chose a goal and are working your way to it, nothing loser about that. Whether you quit here or not, keep up the good work and just focus on what you want in life and work your way to that, not matter how hard or mundane it may seem. Having that accomplishment at the end, especially if it is somewhere you want to be, makes it all worth it.

People in real life may take some time to adjust to your new direction, especially if they are gamers like the friend you mentioned in the previous post that got you to play COD. That's ok though, Rome wasn't built in a day. Just keep working your way to your goal one step at a time. Some people may never be a positive in your life, so you will learn to either cut them out of your life, or at least compartmentalize them in a way that you don't expect much mutual value from them in respect to your goals (especially true with family members sometimes, people you don't easily cut out of your life). If you have been gaming with people for years but haven't expressed your interest to quit or concentrate on other pursuits, it may seem out of left field for them. They may push back at first, especially if it makes them self conscious about their own gaming habits. Give it time and if they don't come around or aren't interested in doing other things with you, then you know what is up. 

I was reading in The Slight Edge yesterday about course correction, and how small failures or steps off the path will happen. Don't let it get you down, just do what you need to correct your course and get back on the path. So don't feel bad about playing the COD, just recognize that fleeting feeling experience you got from it and use that as motivation to not game the next time it comes up.

You're doing good, keep it up. If you need to quit here, just know that you can always check back in to get a boost of morale or write out your own thoughts out to help process them. This shouldn't be a burden to you, but a tool to help you on your path to meeting your goals.