NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

I never realized how much time I lost.

none239

So today is the 89th day of my 90 day detox. And I looked at some of the old games I purchased on steam.

Game A: You've Played 358 hours

Game B: You've Played 496 hours

Game C: You've Played 278 hours <- I know that the hours I spent on this game where in 16 hour marathons so the significance of the amount of time spent hits much closer to home. Even if it's not the greatest amount.

Game D: 135 hours

Game E: 262 hours <-- Incorrect since I owned this game outside of steam and played it for months on end. 

Game F: 242 hours

My stomach turned when I look at the hours I spent on Game A. I didn't own it for that long it had to have been less than a year. This only tracks the time I spent playing steam games. I honestly thought that I did not play Game A all that much. I played very many games outside of steam prior to the 90 day detox.

In the past I would have been proud to have played that long. Now I can't figure out why I felt that way.

I

Edited by none239

In the past I would have been proud to have played that long. Now I can't figure out why I felt that way.

Values. If you valued your gaming achievements then you would be proud. Now your values have shifted - for the better - and that time is not worth the same.

Values. If you valued your gaming achievements then you would be proud. Now your values have shifted - for the better - and that time is not worth the same.

I think it's similar to the Aesop fable The Mischievous Dog . 

It's a defense mechanism used to hide a secret shame. I know that in the past I have felt embarrassed about my gaming habit. So I was proud that I spent thousands of hours playing video games. So what if I had no friends. so what if I never left my home town in all my  thirty years of living because it was too scary. So what if I could not get a job because networking was a nightmarish idea for me. So I was proud of how much time I wasted.