NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Hello all

Orior

Hello everyone, first off I'd just like to apologise for any formatting errors, literally first time posting anything like this.

Into the nitty and gritty; I'm 25 years old and have been playing video games since I was 5 years old. My father brought home a NES one day for us kids, funnily enough I remember my mother saying along the lines of "why'd you buy this, they'll get addicted." Oddly enough at the time she was not wrong, I played every day after finishing my homework and this progressed well into high school. I must add in I did have ears that stuck out a lot, so I was constantly harassed and bullied about it. This led to escaping reality through video games, a common behavior I believe amongst many of us. Anyway through high school a group of friends began playing Runescape and WoW to which no surprise I eventually got hooked into for the various dynamics which Cam states are in video games. I somehow managed to maintain a somewhat normal social life but school grades tanked greatly. I had an operation for my ears which I thought would fix the problem of being harassed but the scars of that bullying remained and so did the gaming. It's odd because I didn't think I had a problem at that point, it just felt like a normal thing. This was compounded by the fact my parents are very passive and did not give any guidance or even object to me doing what I did. There was also a lot of issues at home which led me to further engrossing myself in games.

University began (I scraped through somehow) and it actually became easier to deal with gaming since I was so busy, however when I got home from Uni or my part time job I would game until 2-3am and get up early for the next day. Let's just say it was a struggle maintaining that lifestyle. I had a girlfriend at the time also but due to my socially awkward nature growing up we eventually broke up, and that's where it got bad. By this time I stopped playing WoW and began playing League. I played ranked as I wanted to be known as a good player and achieving a high level, in retrospect for self esteem and self worth issues due to the break up. Looking back I had not learnt anything about coping mechanisms and gaming was the only source for burying problems. This continued for a number of years and my grades at uni suffered a lot, I was handing in assignments late, wasn't attending classes and sleeping / eating poorly. I was active in  work, sport and gym at this time too, maybe these activities saved me from full blown addiction. During this time I started Nofap and didn't game for 3 months, it was the happiest I had ever felt in my life and now I am aiming for that state plus more. I got another girlfriend and the gaming came back due to boredom and problems there, but that is over now and I am 100% committed to quitting gaming and nofap. I am into self development and learning and have been since the first girlfriend, I have developed my character a lot within that time frame. However I feel like I am so close to breaking out from everything and achieving something great but I need to remove the crutch of gaming and then I believe I'll be ready for the next set of challenges.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate it